Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Is the Irish State failing at risk women and children?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is the Irish State failing at risk women and children?

Stumbled across this piece in the Journal.ie, I was aware that such services were underfunded but in a modern society is it acceptable that the numbers of at risk people are being turned away from vital services?

Four out of five women turned away from overstretched domestic violence centres

FOUR OUT OF every five women seeking help from a domestic violence centre in Dublin are turned away because the service is already full, a new report has revealed.

Sonas Housing’s 2011 annual review, launched today by Minister Jan O’Sullivan, shows that the Viva House refuge centre received almost 600 enquiries from women living in abusive situations last year, but could only take in 130 because it was already full.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the purpose of this OP? Is it lobbying for a specific group in need? There are many such groups unfortunately in our society. If there are insufficient funds for all these worthy recipients, are they all being failed by the State?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    What is the purpose of this OP? Is it lobbying for a specific group in need? There are many such groups unfortunately in our society. If there are insufficient funds for all these worthy recipients, are they all being failed by the State?
    Yeah I'm here to lobby for victims of domestic violence

So because there are many worthy recipients that the state can't help these women and kids should just suck it up?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little info on the group

Sonas Housing Association Ltd

Don't worry, the referendum will take care of these children.
    I have no money, but I love my life.