Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilkenomics 2012 - 1st to 4th Nov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kilkenomics 2012 - 1st to 4th Nov

Kilkenomics is taking place again in Ireland between November 1st and November 4th.

We're unique - the only festival brave (and foolish) enough to put the best comedians and economists in the world on the same stage. The San Francisco Chronicle calls us "an utterly bizarre idea but the public love it", while the Sunday Times says we're "one of the oddest festivals anywhere; comedy with a pint and a point."

We've had some amazingly diverse contributors in the three years since we launched, including Jeffrey Sachs, Peter Schiff, Willi Hutton, Max Keiser, Megan Greene, Bill Black, Heiner Flassbeck and Andrea Catherwood, among many other great speakers. We're going to have even more at the 2012 festival, which is already shaping up to be our best yet.

Check us out at http://www.kilkenomics.com

Constantin Gurdgiev on "Dictator Draghi" & "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" of Europe!
    Starts at 03:17 into the following clip:

What If Ireland Defaults?

Written with the interested general public in mind, the book is unique in its treatment of the theme of default from many different angles.

About the editors

Brian Lucey is a Professor of Finance in Trinity College Dublin and a columnist with the Irish Examiner.
    Constantin Gurdgiev is Adjunct Professor at the School of Business, Trinity College Dublin and an international newspaper columnist.
    Charles Larkin is research associate in the School of Business, Trinity College Dublin.

The book is an excellent read ó It needs to be read by our politicians and higher public servants. For the rest of us, itís an excellent way to get up the learning curve."

John Finn, Irish Examiner, 9 April 2012
    We're screwed - understand the FACTS here

Has anyone ever gone to this? Would they recommend it?
    Somebody grab the script!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Has anyone ever gone to this? Would they recommend it?
    Yeah, i've gone several times. Its hit and miss stuff. Can be good, can be poor, you never really know what any of the shows are about or what the plan is. Its worth a look if your in Kilkenny. If you have to travel here be careful what you see.
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been. Found it good. I did overnight stay, so I could attend various key speaker sessions.

Here is the list of speakers and subject matter:

https://tickets.thecatlaughs.com/Onl...nd=Kilkenomics
    We're screwed - understand the FACTS here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Lauren going? petunia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest they remove that 'L'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin 4 View Post
    Is Lauren going? petunia

She's here already. I saw her walking down High street this morning.
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To the people who have been:

Does the festival generally reflect a particular world view?

I just know Max Keiser wants a return to the gold standard, effective regulation. David McWilliams . . . eh sell books by telling people what they want to hear and peddling simple solutions to complex problems.

"The Feminine Touch: Does 'Maleness' Cause Financial And Economic Mistakes?"
    What a terrible title. Creating a false dichotomy before the discussion has even started.

I have went the past three years, it is always interesting and well worth the trip for those with an interest in economics.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

MrFunkyBoogaloo

This is my first year. Can't wait.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast