Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ed Moloney's true intentions re: Boston College Project?

SeamusNapoleon

Default Ed Moloney's true intentions re: Boston College Project?

Niall O’Dowd had an article yesterday on his Irish Central website where he cites Ed Moloney’s own blog in illuminating the true intent behind Moloney’s pet project - his oral history of the northern conflict; that it was no more an exercise in academic freedom than an open essay competition in a North Korean university. In his blog, Moloney seems to jocularly confirm that his principal intent in launching the project was to 'get' Adams - unless my and O'Dowd's inferences are all askewed. So much for those he interviewed then.

O’Dowd has his many detractors on this site. I’m not going to stand over the man, but if people can only attack the messenger instead of dealing with the substantive points of his article, youse would only be showing your own weakness:

I have long maintained that Moloney was out to get Adams when he decided to do the tapes, and persuaded Boston College to underwrite the project and give it academic recognition – something the college now deeply regrets.

Moloney has denied all of this, but in a recent reply to a Unionist writer, Water Ellis, on his own blog site, he seems to admit it.
    O’Dowd goes on to cite the blog, with Moloney replying to a congratulations from Ellis – who erroneously believes that the saga is settled, it seems:

MOLONEY: “Ah Walter! I had thought you dead and gone. Never a losing cause, just keeping my promise to people. If I do have an obsession it is with outing liars, which is why I write about Lance Armstrong! There is another outrageous liar with whom we are both familiar, me perhaps more than you. Wears a beard and used to puff on a pipe a lot. Write about him too.”

ELLIS
    : “I hope you’re not suggesting that a certain one-time barkeep, for whom power was the ultimate performance-enhancing drug, will one day soon be stripped of his many titles.”

MOLONEY: “A former barkeep with a power complex? Whom could you possibly be talking about?”

Read more: Boston College Irish tapes - the truth about Ed Moloney
    The link to Moloney’s blog:

Victory At The Supreme Court! | The Broken Elbow
    Last edited by Conor; 26th October 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To quote Pee Flynn on another gentleman, Ed has ''been out of sorts'' for quite some time.

simeongrimes

I don't think anyone ever seriously doubted what the exercise was about.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish him luck with it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grizzly has been keeping a very low profile of late for a party leader for some reason.

SeamusNapoleon

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Grizzly has been keeping a very low profile of late for a party leader for some reason.
    Er... from today's Times alone:

SINN FÉIN wants “a new ethos for cherishing the children of this State”, Gerry Adams said yesterday at the launch of his party’s campaign for a Yes vote in the children’s referendum.

'Enough good' for SF to back Yes - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 26, 2012
    In a major policy speech delivered last night, Mr Adams set out a detailed definition of republicanism for his party for the future, which he said would be relevant for the modern post-conflict era.

Adams defines republicanism for Sinn Féin of future - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 26, 2012

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why does Nial O'Dowd believe that the peace process cannot survive without Adams?

Now Irish America needs to make clear that it is against the handing over of the tapes to the British government, but also that they are not blinkered by what was actually being attempted here – nothing less than setting up Adams and endangering the peace process. Irish America should not be fooled to believe anything else.

Read more: Boston College Irish tapes - the truth about Ed Moloney
    Moloney clearly has an agenda and is working on behalf of others but O'Dowd and Morrison are his mirror image.

Adams should get off the stage and let some new people move things on from the dark days of the past.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Adams is innocent he has nothing to fear.

chuckle

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeamusNapoleon View Post
    Niall O’Dowd had an article yesterday on his Irish Central website where he cites Ed Moloney’s own blog in illuminating the true intent behind Moloney’s pet project - his oral history of the northern conflict; that it was no more an exercise in academic freedom than an open essay competition in a North Korean university. In his blog, Moloney seems to jocularly confirm that his principal intent in launching the project was to 'get' Adams - unless my and O'Dowd's inferences are all askewed. So much for those he interviewed then.

O’Dowd has his many detractors on this site. I’m not going to stand over the man, but if people can only attack the messenger instead of dealing with the substantive points of his article, youse would only be showing your own weakness:

O’Dowd goes on to cite the blog, with Moloney replying to a congratulations from Ellis – who erroneously believes that the saga is settled, it seems:

The link to Moloney’s blog:

Victory At The Supreme Court! | The Broken Elbow
    I started reading 'Boston College Irish tapes-the truth about Ed Moloney' and straight away found , ".He hired anti-Gerry Adams researcher and dissident spokesman Anthony McIntyre". When he describes McIntyre as 'a dissident spokesman', that is enough, pure nonsense and lies. I don't believe McIntyre is even remotely connected to any group, much less a 'spokesman', but maybe for O'Dowd just to take a non Sinn Fein line is to become a 'dissident spokesman'

Politics.ie Member Nordie Northsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maloney's distain for Adams does not at all 'confirm' that 'his principal intent in launching the project was to 'get' Adams.'

When Maloney accuses Adams of lying about his involvement in the IRA, he is clearly right. I've voted Sinn Féin in every elction I've ever voted in, and I for one wish that Adams would drop the act. It completely robs him of credibility.
    Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast