Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Mac is on the canvas: Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tommy Mac is on the canvas: Times

I think I have found the definition for an optimist. The Irish Times are reporting that Tom McEllistrim is already canvassing for the next election in the Killarney area no less. What with the gender quotas et al I would pretty sure that Norma will get the nod to run from the Tralee/North Kerry end of the constituency.

However, one senior political source said, after hearing the former TD was again out door-to-door in Killarney accompanied by supporters: “We are just gobsmacked.”
    McEllistrim on the canvass as he seeks Dáil return - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 26, 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus , God help Kerry, and Bull to re enter ring also, and Healy Rae, Ferris etc.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he'll probably get his seat back in the next general election ditto with the bull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reading the OP, I thought somebody had knocked him down in a boxing ring. Wishful thinking I suppose...........................
    Even Educated Fleas Do It...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the only certainties next time are that SF, FG and FF will take one seat each. At least one of the Independents will hang on but probably only one. Labour are probably gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    I think I have found the definition for an optimist. The Irish Times are reporting that Tom McEllistrim is already canvassing for the next election in the Killarney area no less. What with the gender quotas et al I would pretty sure that Norma will get the nod to run from the Tralee/North Kerry end of the constituency.
    Why would they run Ansbachers Foleys daughter,surely that branch of FF is more toxic than the Mac branch? Norma failed to get elected when times were good for FF.
    Last edited by johnny365; 26th October 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If FF want to regain a seat they need a credible candidate, Mac, Bull and Norma do not have this quality.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Norma Foley is widely regarded as the most competent councillor in the region, and is thought massively of in Dublin, actually.
    A hit will be taken out on john o' if he doesn't back down, he won't make it anyway, that'll be confirmed this coming friday at the new constituency's agm.
    Tommy was explaining his strategy when I met him out over the summer, he is the 'best located geographically', which I suppose is kind of true.
    Whoever, somebody will be returned for the party.
    After all, tomorrow is another day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A race to the trough by a more inadequate set of slimeballs could not be imagined ! I despair for this country , these jokers wouldn't even get a look in for a school committee election in any other place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    Norma Foley is widely regarded as the most competent councillor in the region, and is thought massively of in Dublin, actually.
    A hit will be taken out on john o' if he doesn't back down, he won't make it anyway, that'll be confirmed this coming friday at the new constituency's agm.
    Tommy was explaining his strategy when I met him out over the summer, he is the 'best located geographically', which I suppose is kind of true.
    Whoever, somebody will be returned for the party.
    I doubt if anyone in Dublin would recognise her unless they were told she was Ansbachers daughter except that is a few party hacks and I reckon they would not touch her with barge poll. I think the hacks would have the same love for Bull and Mac. John Brassil might have a slim chance if he got on the list, he does not carry any of the baggage of the others.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast