Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: House Prices Continue Rise In Ireland - Here Comes The CSO Boom October 2012

Default House Prices Continue Rise In Ireland - Here Comes The CSO Boom October 2012

December 31 Mortgage Interest relief deadline is looming behind these figures and generating a little market upswing. Digging out 400k-500k for a dwelling in Dublin seems to be the going rate these days. Will the market hold in 2013 or will we see a Mortgage Interest relief compensation adjustment on 1 of January 2013?

House prices in Ireland are still among the highest in the eurozone, last but not least because of high salaries in the public sector and the private sector including MNCs. The 2013 budget could bring a major adjustment to these figure or will house prices always be kept above a certaoin threshold by the likes of NAMA and mortage banks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nama and the banks will try to keep the prices propped up for as long as they can, but they've still got a long way to go before leveling off.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A quick look on Myhome -dublin , asking prices of +€ 300,000 for very ordinary houses in very ordinary locations would imply the alleged drop of 55% is not being reflected in asking prices
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I've noticed rural homes in Co,Wexford priced for double or triple their urban counterparts. I was viewing a rural house on the market last week and she wanted €240,000 for it.
    Real News.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbles View Post
    Nama and the banks will try to keep the prices propped up for as long as they can, but they've still got a long way to go before leveling off.
    I did say so as well for the last 2 years but I don't see the major adjustments that are required to make this a buyers market. I mean how many people get a 400k mortgage these days? Don't get this wrong but I think another 50% from current levels might be desirable from real world economic point of view. That's a 75% drop from peak level in February 2007, so far we are "only" down 56%. Another 19% drop is not possible next year with the new budget adjustments.
    Last edited by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike; 24th October 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Politics.ie Member the_Observer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    I've noticed rural homes in Co,Wexford priced for double or triple their urban counterparts. I was viewing a rural house on the market last week and she wanted €240,000 for it.
    Wexford was always over priced. There's two bed apartments along Wexford Quay with a 200grand price tag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snigger

Our real economic crash hasn't even happened yet,

But it's comin,

The entire European economy is completely fake,

Discussing Irish property prices is about as useful as discussing Berlin house house prices as the Russian rockets rained down!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

House prices are now on parity with house prices in the 6 Counties.
    Oh the humanity!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know where you are looking in wexford but here are a few gems. You could not buy a site and build any of these for the prices they are now being sold at. Remember for new houses 13.5% VAT is included which the builder would not get and materials and county council levys and ESB and Water connections have not reduced in price at all since the crash. No builder would dream of starting to build any new houses now as they would be planning to make a loss and anyway no bank would lend them the money to as they know they would make a loss.

No 2 Ballinacoola, Gorey, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 200k asking price
    "Mount Cashel" , Inch, Blackwater, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 96K asking price
    34a Redmond Cove. Redmond Road., Wexford Town, Co. Wexford - Apartment For Sale 79k asking price for 2 bed apt in wexford town
    Knocknaskeagh, Boolavogue, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 199K asking price
    Pooldoon, Foulksmills, Co. Wexford - Bungalow For Sale 129K asking price
    Milltown House, Ballycullane, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 160K asking price for 2000 sq feet
    4 Woodview, Kilbride, Ballaghkeen, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 145k asking price
    Ballinellard, Blackwater, Co. Wexford - Bungalow For Sale 165K asking price
    'Serenity', Balloughton, Wellington Bridge, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 150K asking price