Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Taxes necessary???

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are Taxes necessary/Alternative Revenue???

If government were to assume the role of many financial institutions like mortgage brokering, insurance. business borrowing etc. In other words to sacrifice consumer choice so a state owned monopoly were to emerge instead of private owned firms.

A serious question in a hypothetical context, presuming honesty among politicians were a giving and efficiency were practiced.

Please comment.
    Last edited by Armchair Activist; 24th October 2012 at 12:58 PM.
    There is something pigheaded about Wexford this season, something pigheaded and perverse and oddly beautiful. In certain lights they are starting to look heroic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are taxes necessary???
    There is something pigheaded about Wexford this season, something pigheaded and perverse and oddly beautiful. In certain lights they are starting to look heroic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You mean a State run economy where the only choice is to consume a particular product provided by the State monoply or do without, geared to make a surplus which would cover the provision of services for all?

No that does not work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, if you live in a dogmatic communist state where the government can audit your excesses directly or in primo-anarchistic state privatizing all state assets including the Army, Police, Justice and Prosecution System and going back to the law of the jungle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by potholedogger View Post
    You mean a State run economy where the only choice is to consume a particular product provided by the State monoply or do without, geared to make a surplus which would cover the provision of services for all?

No that does not work!
    Communism does work, in a sense, otherwise we wouldn't have communist states ... just because it doesn't work fairly to many doesn't mean it's non-functional.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(slinks away disappointedly)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(muttering, "damn commies")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hospitals/Staff
    Roads/administrators
    Gaurds
    Schools/Teachers

I'm sure there's more
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I prefer Aldi meself thanks. Great ribeye steaks.

And as for alcohol sales. Well look at in Sweden. We think we're bad with our offie rules. But thn again Swedes can pop over to Denmark and stock up I suppose, if they want to. Unless you live in th Arctic circle.

Are taxes necessary you say.

Hmmm, well do you consider good education necessary? How about high quality healthcare? I suppose we could sacrifice our roads to keep our taxes too.

And ultimately, the more you give the more you get back. The more taxes you pat, the btter and more efficient our services are- as well as cheaper.
    "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast