Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pesky Parade Row

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Another Pesky Parade Row

"I have had families on who were out shopping yesterday and came across this disgraceful spectacle," said Councillor Middleton. "People have told me there were men marching with their faces covered with scarves or balaclavas, wearing military uniforms. One band had a image of two republican gunmen painted on their drum It is offensive and disgusting. We can not have the likes of that in what is essentially our city's shared space.

A spokesman for the Spirit of Freedom Republican Flute Band said that the march was approved by the Parades Commission and the PSNI. He said that none of the members wore masks or balaclavas and that the band hoped to replicate the march route through the city centre for their 25th anniversary next year.

"The march was dignified and well run," he told Newswire. "It was well stewarted and organised. No one was wearing masks. The Irish Republican Band Association have strict guidelines that do not permit the wearing of masks.

Row erupts after claims 'masked republicans marched in city centre' on Sunday afternoon | NewswireNI

an Irish Republican without a mask? i ask you, what is the world coming too? anyway good to see the band culture making use of the £4m Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin SPIRIT OF FREEDOM RFB – FUNDRAISER « Fiannaiochta

now obviously i wasn't there but that by no means curtails my right to be offended....

here's a wee clip

from a previous event showing the drum head which clearly breaches the PC guidelines • No dress, flags or emblems of a paramilitary style, or relating to a proscribed organisation are permitted. i hope that by exposing this youtube evidence that dawn raids by the preoffended culture police will follow...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Worst.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An Orange man peaching to others about breaching PC guidelines is like being told to sit up straight by Quasimoto.

These lads should find another hobby.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What seems to be the problem here, troll under the bridge? Sour grapes per-haps?

Seems you have deliberately emboldened one bit of the sentence, but very conveniently didn't embolden the most important bit:

"The march was dignified and well run," he told Newswire. "It was well stewarted and organised. No one was wearing masks. The Irish Republican Band Association have strict guidelines that do not permit the wearing of masks.

windbag winker Irvine and his loyalist, sorry loyal unionist, cronies were sh1tstirring about this last nite and contacted the media, no doubt this was found on PULSE, eh troll

Now which PC restriction were broke? Did it go through a unionist area provoking, intimidating and p1ssing and being drunk and sectarian thugs, like Orange/loyalists bands?

There was no-one wearing masks, this is the usual sh1tstirring and sour grapes exercise by bitter unionists, looking to play the PC as biased, when it is anything but.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

oh my it seems i am not allowed to be preoffended by what i see on youtube...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    oh my it seems i am not allowed to be preoffended by what i see on youtube...
    Ah so 'no' is the answer to the questions I posed, which PC restrictions were broken and was it a triumphialist bigoted supremacist and sectarian hate-fest being coat-trailed through a unionist community....

cheers.

Nothing to see here. Zoo thread mopefest just.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And balls, you saw it on PULSE. youtube me hole.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Say what you want about that band - but they can hold a tune unlike most Orange Order bands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what it is with these bitter loyalists and religious fundamental extremists, but they see their bands and hate-fests behaving horribly, despicably, totally provocatively and un-christian, so they then seek to see what 'themmuns' are doing, and it is in complete contrast - no breaches of determinations or restrictions, no drunkenness, no loutish behaviour or fascist-like bile and sectarian songs and it is not being coat-trailed through their areas.... so why do they see the need to point this out as it shows them in really bad light and exposes the difference between the two??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    Ah so 'no' is the answer to the questions I posed, which PC restrictions were broken and was it a triumphialist bigoted supremacist and sectarian hate-fest being coat-trailed through a unionist community....

cheers.

Nothing to see here. Zoo thread mopefest just.
    well i 'no' your slow but i didn't realise how much...
    from a previous event showing the drum head which clearly breaches the PC guidelines • No dress, flags or emblems of a paramilitary style, or relating to a proscribed organisation are permitted. i hope that by exposing this youtube evidence that dawn raids by the preoffended culture police will follow...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast