Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should disgraceful Anglo Irish sign be exhibited in Museum at Collins Barracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Should disgraceful Anglo Irish sign be exhibited in Museum at Collins Barracks.

I was horrified to see on TVs news an item which allowed cameras into bowels of former Anglo Irish Bank. And it showed the former bank sign erected in our national museum in Collins Barracks of all places. Some guy with name in Irish said it was an historical thing showing collapse of old order. I dont know what old order he was thinking about - the old order which founded and kept Anglo is good order did not destroy it. I think it was the new order of recent years that brought about the biggest banking downfall in the world for which we are saddled.

But is it right that this sign should be on prominent display in our national museum,should it not be left in a box in the vaults ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're easily horrified.

Politics.ie Member APettigrew92's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If we rid our museums of everything that shamed us, we wouldn't have very many things in our museums.
    Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro - Latin Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Celts, Vikings, Normans and the British are all part of our history and our living culture, to one degree or another. Unless you regard our identity as weak, your sod all to frett about.
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose Seanie might yet be a good man if the Germans pay back all the money we put into Anglo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

History should be reflected in full. Good, bad and ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's important to keep historical items. Especially shameful ones. So we never forget...

Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by westernyelp View Post
    History should be reflected in full. Good, bad and ugly.
    so Nelson's pillar,and Queen Victoria statue for example should not have been removed ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Ballybrack Cumann, FF, demands that the Anglo-Irish bank sign should not under any circumstances be placed in An Iarslamann Náisiúnta, and all reference to its possible continued existence be forthwith refrained from heretofore".
    “Les cons, ça ose tout, c’est même à ça qu’on les reconnaît.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    I was horrified to see on TVs news an item which allowed cameras into bowels of former Anglo Irish Bank. And it showed the former bank sign erected in our national museum in Collins Barracks of all places. Some guy with name in Irish said it was an historical thing showing collapse of old order. I dont know what old order he was thinking about - the old order which founded and kept Anglo is good order did not destroy it. I think it was the new order of recent years that brought about the biggest banking downfall in the world for which we are saddled.

But is it right that this sign should be on prominent display in our national museum,should it not be left in a box in the vaults ?
    itll be close enough to arbour hill for seanie to drop in and reflect on his glory days when he gets sent down
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast