Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Independent gives woman with a full time job in the UK a job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Independent gives woman with a full time job in the UK a job

Video: Sports presenter Rachel Wyse joins the Irish Independent - Sport - Independent.ie

NOW there’s another great reason to get the Irish Independent every Saturday - Rachel Wyse starts her new weekly sports column this weekend.

The Dubliner is one of the most recognised women in sport, thanks to her high-profile role with Sky Sports News which is broadcast throughout Europe.
    Nothing against the girl but why do people with lucrative jobs in the media need several jobs on top of their full time job.
    Shes gonna take that money, pay tax on it in the uk and spend it all there. When there are gangloads of ambitious journalists scratching out a living on the local papers or the dole.

Its all over the media.
    Newstalk has a rake of presenters that have several jobs - Hook has 2 with newstalk alone, plus his rte gig and writing rugby
    Norah Casey is a dragon, self made supposed entreprenhuer, Bobby Kerr is the same.

RTE keep wheeling out Gay Byrne (as if we need, as a nation to repay him his money that he loast on bad investments) and tubs has a radio show, author, and tv host, brendan oconnor is a columnist, tv host, comedian, actor and ex pop star.

Who cares what any of these people have to say? I honestly would not be attracted to a media because of their personality draw.
    I'd rather a/ proper personalities in our cult of personality or b/ some new blood.

i have no idea what an ex model/show jumper who is employed to read sports related news off of a telly prompter and look pretty at the same time, can tell me in her weekly column.

Between them newstalk, the indo, rte etc could probably announce a significant jobs haul if they went with the one man one job principal.

Rant over
    Last edited by Asparagus; 22nd October 2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: wrong dragon norah
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Norah Owen is a Dragon alright, but she doesn't work for Newstalk

In my opinion they should bring over all the sky sports girls :-$
    Somebody grab the script!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Norah Owen is a Dragon alright, but she doesn't work for Newstalk
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    In my opinion they should bring over all the sky sports girls :-$
    My point is that they aren't bringing over any - they'll get some intern to write the piece and rachel will get the dosh as they will pay her to have her face beside the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    My point is that they aren't bringing over any - they'll get some intern to write the piece and rachel will get the dosh as they will pay her to have her face beside the article.
    Shur tis as simple as this, if you don't like their journalists don't read the paper/listen to the station. I wouldn't watch rte for the very reasons you give. 3 Prime examples of shmucks who get paid too much for delivering very little.
    Somebody grab the script!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shur tis as simple as this, if you don't like their journalists don't read the paper/listen to the station. I wouldn't watch rte for the very reasons you give. 3 Prime examples of shmucks who get paid too much for delivering very little.
    But its not just Rte or INM - when you have all major media organs in the country engaged in blatent cronyism - how can you trust them to hold the government to task? (a role of the fourth estate)
    Its not so simple

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If only it was that simple Sir!

We still gotta pay these bloated f**kers an obscene wage through the exhortation that is the license fee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i sometimes see this woman on sky sports news. she's useless -- she speaks so quietly and softly that you can't actually hear her.
    i am crying, writing this.
    ----------------------------

Politics.ie Debater
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't remember the precise details but there was some news anchor head-hunted by a rival channel in the US. They didn't want her for any intrinsic quality in her broadcasts - it was because she had an enormous following on Twitter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast