Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: FF complaining about the bank guarantee.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Luchador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Arena México, Mexico City
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default FF complaining about the bank guarantee.

    Let's clear up the issue at hand here.

    In 2008, Fianna Fail, after years of hyperinflating the property bubble with one hand and sticking the other in the cookie jar, committed their final act of treason in office by signing up to guarantee their friends' banks for hundreds of billions, at our expense over decades of course, at the cost of every aspect of the working and coping classes' lives. (The FF trolls can whinge and whatabout all they want, but they cannot argue or deny this, nor should we respond to their tactics.)

    In 2012, the same party has the temerity and gall to publicly speak out against the bank bailout they created, and its effects on society. Basing their existence on "providing vigorous opposition", the FF party loves to score points against the current shower, who in their own incompetence and weakness, are simply patsies for their predecessors' agreements.

    What kind of show is this? How can a party base itself on nothing but populism?

    And even if they had the credibility to do so... how can a party protest its own policies? Genuine question.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    24,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
    And even if they had the credibility to do so... how can a party protest its own policies? Genuine question.
    Why not? They're already protesting the property tax that they signed up to in government. Because it's just "wrong" at the moment you know.
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Luchador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Arena México, Mexico City
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    Why not? They're already protesting the property tax that they signed up to in government. Because it's just "wrong" at the moment you know.
    You know what else is wrong? Not taxing the rich.

    Wonder if FF will start protesting that. Let's see how long it takes them to go bankrupt.

  4. #4
    MrFunkyBoogaloo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
    Let's clear up the issue at hand here.

    In 2008, Fianna Fail, after years of hyperinflating the property bubble with one hand and sticking the other in the cookie jar, committed their final act of treason in office by signing up to guarantee their friends' banks for hundreds of billions, at our expense over decades of course, at the cost of every aspect of the working and coping classes' lives. (The FF trolls can whinge and whatabout all they want, but they cannot argue or deny this, nor should we respond to their tactics.)

    In 2012, the same party has the temerity and gall to publicly speak out against the bank bailout they created, and its effects on society. Basing their existence on "providing vigorous opposition", the FF party loves to score points against the current shower, who in their own incompetence and weakness, are simply patsies for their predecessors' agreements.

    What kind of show is this? How can a party base itself on nothing but populism?

    And even if they had the credibility to do so... how can a party protest its own policies? Genuine question.
    1. The FF guarantee ended. FG and Labour, quite readily, provided another one. It is their guarantee now.

    2. FF are scumbags and will say anything to get elected. You don't become one of the most "successful" political parties by telling the truth.

    3. It is the show created, and maintained, by FF and FG - helped along by Labour - to keep them in the lifestyle they've become accustomed to.


    FF are a cancer and we all know what should happen to that.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Meh

    FF have always been able to do this

    Remember this when in Gov



    to this when in Opposition




    Standard operating procedure...........

    Tis a pity...new politics me arse

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member DownTheyGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
    Let's clear up the issue at hand here.

    In 2008, Fianna Fail, after years of hyperinflating the property bubble with one hand and sticking the other in the cookie jar, committed their final act of treason in office by signing up to guarantee their friends' banks for hundreds of billions, at our expense over decades of course, at the cost of every aspect of the working and coping classes' lives. (The FF trolls can whinge and whatabout all they want, but they cannot argue or deny this, nor should we respond to their tactics.)

    In 2012, the same party has the temerity and gall to publicly speak out against the bank bailout they created, and its effects on society. Basing their existence on "providing vigorous opposition", the FF party loves to score points against the current shower, who in their own incompetence and weakness, are simply patsies for their predecessors' agreements.

    What kind of show is this? How can a party base itself on nothing but populism?

    And even if they had the credibility to do so... how can a party protest its own policies? Genuine question.
    Nothing to clear up. Standard Modus Operandi.

    Nothing will change until Edo picks up the mantle and runs with it.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Eoin Coir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Fianna Fail are Forever Frauds. They may have convinced themselves they never caused the crash/guarantee.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Luchador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Arena México, Mexico City
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownTheyGo View Post
    Nothing to clear up. Standard Modus Operandi.

    Nothing will change until Edo picks up the mantle and runs with it.
    So long as he imposes punitive wealth taxes on those found guilty of fiscal impropriety in the boom, as well as their families to be sure.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member friendlyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    wexford
    Posts
    2,542
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They are a blight and should never get near Government again....but with the current incumbent and as minister Hayes has stated "We need FF" they will always get a helping hand!!!
    Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
    So long as he imposes punitive wealth taxes on those found guilty of fiscal impropriety in the boom, as well as their families to be sure.
    I was thinking of doing a "hunger Games" themed thingy - reserve an island in the Upper Erne - fence it off from the rest of humanity and put the Quinns, the Anglo boys, Mick Wallace, the FF cabinet and all the rest of the failed developers and the management and boards of the banks that lend to them onto the island and let them duke it out to be the last man standing - we could run a betting competition on it and get Vinny to dump the bore fest that is his current show and have him compere a panel of expert judges like McWilliams,Gurdiev, morgan Kelly etc etc about who is doing well etc etc - we could sell the TV rights abroad - can see big interest in Germany,Holland and Finland for starters...........

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •