Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Savile and his proven and long term connections with the British Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jimmy Savile and his proven and long term connections with the British Army

I was interested to read about the late Jimmy Saville's connections with the British Army.

I didn't realise that he was given a military funeral, despite never having served in the army in any official capacity.

He was also buried with a Royal Marine Beret which he was awarded for some reason.

Savile spent every Christmas with Margaret Thatcher when she was Prime Minister, and his other establishment connections are well known, but what exactly was the attraction to the British Military?

Was he working for them in some capacity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Surely this thread belongs with the crap the Sunday Peephole published about him and the Provos?
    I.e. Heligoland effectively disproves the nonsense the People publshed.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Surely this thread belongs with the crap the Sunday Peephole published about him and the Provos?
    I.e. Heligoland effectively disproves the nonsense the People publshed.
    I don't think so.

This is a history thread using agreed upon and established facts to discuss reality.

It certainly shouldn't be merged with a thread about spurious and weird fiction.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, he was the Provo's inside man in the BA ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    So, he was the Provo's inside man in the BA ?
    Saville been a Brit army groupie would have more in common with loyalist scum like Johnny Adair ( also a pervert and wife beater BTW ), Mark ' Swinger ' Fulton, Billy Wright, Jim ' Doris Day ' Grey etc.
    Last edited by PO'Neill; 21st October 2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was certainly held in high esteem by the Royal Marines. Here is the wreath they gave him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heligoland View Post
    He was certainly held in high esteem by the Royal Marines. Here is the wreath they gave him.

Birds of a feather.

" Military police investigate Afghan child abuse claims "
    Military police investigate Afghan child abuse claims - Telegraph

" Exclusive: Secret Army squad 'abused Iraqis' "
    Exclusive: Secret Army squad 'abused Iraqis' - Home News - UK - The Independent

" Hereford SAS soldier guilty of child abuse charges "
    http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/lo...abuse_charges/
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Royal Marines Museum - Sir Jimmy Savile's Green Beret

Over an extended period Sir Jimmy completed the Commando Training Course at Lympstone, Devon. In 1966 Sir Jimmy and his brother Vince, then a serving officer with the Royal Navy, completed the gruelling 30 mile march over Dartmoor which has to be done in 8 hours. Jimmy and Vince both finished the march and Jimmy was awarded the coveted green beret.
    The Green Beret was presented by the Marines' CO, Lord Mountbatten, whom Savile subsequently befriended, thus beginning his long association with the royal family.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the links I read earlier in the week said that he had indeed been in the army for a very brief time, until pulled out of it because he was a miner.

He would have been 18 and a half when WW2 ended, so it's possible I supppose. Though I thought that mining was actually a restricted occupation anyway.

He probably didn't know the truth of it himself in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heligoland View Post
    I was interested to read about the late Jimmy Saville's connections with the British Army.

I didn't realise that he was given a military funeral, despite never having served in the army in any official capacity.

He was also buried with a Royal Marine Beret which he was awarded for some reason.

Savile spent every Christmas with Margaret Thatcher when she was Prime Minister, and his other establishment connections are well known, but what exactly was the attraction to the British Military?

Was he working for them in some capacity?
    He used to groom young privates.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast