Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll finds two-thirds of Irish adults support gay marriage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Poll finds two-thirds of Irish adults support gay marriage

Poll finds two-thirds of Irish adults support gay marriage

A NEW POLL has found that 66 per cent of Irish adults believe that same-sex marriage with all legal entitlements should be legislated for.
    The Behaviour and Attitudes poll in the Sunday Times shows strong support for gay marriage among the 971 people who were surveyed earlier this month over a two-week period.
    This is good news. I would say even more support it than that, at least in many areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Civil Partnership Bill (introduced by the Greens) has paved the way to the introduction of full gay marriage.

It is indeed very welcome news.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

The real danger if it were put to a vote (which it will be but it shouldn't be) is that the pro-marriage equality side would find it hard to get out the vote, especially from pro-marriage equality straight people who may not vote on an issue they don't think effects them. However, the anti-equality brigade would be out in force in an attempt to exercise their right to curtail other human beings rights.

I can hear David Quinn tapping away as we speak.
    Please donate to a good cause. I've donated more than 100 euro but whatever you can afford helps https://www.ispca.ie/donate/once_off/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheYouthVote View Post
    The real danger if it were put to a vote (which it will be but it shouldn't be) is that the pro-marriage equality side would find it hard to get out the vote, especially from pro-marriage equality straight people who may not vote on an issue they don't think effects them. However, the anti-equality brigade would be out in force in an attempt to exercise their right to curtail other human beings rights.

I can hear David Quinn tapping away as we speak.
    I honestly don't believe Mr Quinn and his brigade are half as powerful as they were a decade ago. If it's put to a vote it'll pass (imo).
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Red C poll earlier in the year had very similar findings.

MORE THAN 70 per cent of people polled in a recent Red C research project said they agreed that same-sex marriage should be allowed in the Irish constitution.
    Poll shows strong support for same-sex marriage · TheJournal.ie
    "You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying........"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    At least you have the honesty to admit your thin end of the wedge tactics.

Gay "marriage" implies gays getting their hands on children. I seriously doubt most right-minded people would want to see that.
    Be gone dark force, back to 1950's Ireland ...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
    Poll finds two-thirds of Irish adults support gay marriage

This is good news. I would say even more support it than that, at least in many areas.
    Well in that case all the people who believe this would welcome a Referendum

- to decide on the issue!

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Be gone dark force, back to 1950's Ireland ...............
    Don't worry Ger, most right minded people would worry about him getting his hands on children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It'll be interesting to see who will be the first to shout "Bigot" to anybody that voices an opinion against gay marraige
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When a referendum is put to the people regarding this abomination never fear, it will be opposed tooth and nail by every right thinking person in the country. Every tactic will be used to see that it is defeated.
    Fight terror boycott Israel!

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast