Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newstalk - TheRightHook Friday 19 Oct - Eddie Hobbs article WSJ

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Newstalk - TheRightHook Friday 19 Oct - Eddie Hobbs article WSJ

I tried to listen back to the Eddie Hobbs interview on TheRightHook and am a bit shocked that a part is missing.

During the interview Philip Molloy is having a go at Eddie Hobbs for writing a piece to the Wall Street Journal.
    Philip criticizes Eddie for publishing his opinion in the WSJ and should have "worn the green jersey" and instead published it locally in Ireland.

Eddie then goes on to explain that due to his relationship with RTE, he is basciallly not allowed to publish such a piece in Ireland.

But crucially, this bit is removed from the NewsTalk archive of the interview.
    It's a criticizm of state-run broadcaster and the allegation is essentially that as a jounalist, he is muzzled.
    Pretty important stuff I think.

Is it possible NewsTalk have intentially removed this criticism from their archive?

Hear it for yourself:
    NewTalk.ie
    Listen Back
    The Right Hook
    Friday 19th October

Interview starts at the end of Part 2.
    The portion of the interview missing is the very end of Part 2, beginning of Part 3.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
    I tried to listen back to the Eddie Hobbs interview on TheRightHook and am a bit shocked that a part is missing.

During the interview Philip Molloy is having a go at Eddie Hobbs for writing a piece to the Wall Street Journal.
    Philip criticizes Eddie for publishing his opinion in the WSJ and should have "worn the green jersey" and instead published it locally in Ireland.

Eddie then goes on to explain that due to his relationship with RTE, he is basciallly not allowed to publish such a piece in Ireland.

It's a criticizm of state-run broadcaster and the allegation is essentially that as a jounalist, he is muzzled.

Is it possible NewsTalk have intentially removed this criticism from their archive?

Hear it for yourself:
    NewTalk.ie
    Listen Back
    The Right Hook
    Friday 19th October

The portion of the interview missing is the very end of Part 2, beginning of Part 3.
    Of course its possible , anybody anyway off agenda on newstalk has been removed , part of the elites plan to deny the irish people the truth

Politics.ie Member rash mulligan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was in the car on the way home and caught this live.

Philip Molloy is a ph*kin sac !!!

He did not contest the content of the piece , his only problem was that the Americans had a glimpse of our reality and the fact that no one is taking measures to help fix the situation.

Eddie's article made for a nice response to the bulls8te TIME rag article.

Thank you Eddie, well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hear it for yourself:
    NewTalk.ie
    Listen Back
    The Right Hook
    Friday 19th October

What in the name of God would Newstalk, scythe of God against the PS, be doing censoring Eddie Hobbs?
    Bullsh1t! and Hobbs is all over the place spreading his venom, no-one limits him, if RTE don't allow him to spout his skewed figures and nonsense views they are the only ones who aren't.
    Why do Hobbs and eoghan harris believe they have the right to go on RTE and propound whenever they like anyway?
    The ego on them both is staggering and with Eddies shoulder chip it is a wonder he can walk.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't agree with Hobbs in many respects, and I think he is a hypocrite in the sense that he has his own agenda - while he gets great mileage out of throwing abuse at other people for having their agendas.

But, I was suspicious when the peice was released, as to why it was not in any Irish newspaper.

For example, Quislings like Suds can write an article in THESH!TERIMES whenever they wish, and it fits right into the company policy.

Even if I do not agree with Hobbs, his right to make his views public is of paramount imprtance.

Once again we see a cosy consensus in operation with the objective of screwing working people.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hear it for yourself:
    NewTalk.ie
    Listen Back
    The Right Hook
    Friday 19th October

I am pretty sure that he commented on radio last week that he is not allowed say certain things on RTE, am no fan of Hobbs, quite the opposite but this is quite outrageous if true.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

philip molloy is a luvie , champagne socilist , he should stick to reviewing movies which he,s only average at

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interestingly enough Seanie Fitz once demanded that Eddie Hobbs be put off Pravda for good, after the "Rip off Republic" series.

And because this went public at the time, Hobbs was instead downgraded to a personal debt program.

It seems as if the objective of Seanie Fitz has now been comprehensively attained.

And Seanie Fitz is one who likes to be seen "wearing the green jersey" in acts of superficial patriotism.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

shock,horror!! rte and parts of irish media censure anti establishment truths ,welcome to the last 25yrs of irish politics

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is the beret that accompanies the green jersey that Eddie Hobbs is unable to pull off unlike Seanie Fitz!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast