Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinn Fein: Realistic alternative or party of protest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sinn Fein: Realistic alternative or party of protest?

In light of the recent Irish Times opinion poll which showed a surge in support for Fianna Fail at the expense of Sinn Fein, i ask the question are Sinn Fein taken seriously? Is it time they got rid of the likes of Adams and Ferris in order to make serious gains in this state? The fact that Sinn Fein are behind the most toxic party in the state must privately worry some within Sinn Fein. It is my belief that many people still find Sinn Fein repulsive as long as those from the " war" days remain in the party. Fine Gael/ Labour/ and Fianna Fail all have tried and failed terribly at handling the economic situation, Sinn Fein should be using this to their advantage.

Sinn Fein as a party that has not been in power should be doing a lot better in the polls considering the disaster the other 3 parties have inflicted on the state. Sinn Fein have an object to everything stance that puts many people off. Is it time they cleared out the likes of Adams and Ferris and came up with some serious policies, in order to be considered more than just a party of protest and a credible alternative something which they are not at the moment.
    Last edited by johnny365; 20th October 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where would we be now if Adams could have sent back the €85 billion?

Mind you they are the only party in Ireland that has demonstrated that they can deliver real austerity rather than Kenny's Austerity Lite!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Realistic alternative for P.ie fantasists.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by potholedogger View Post
    Where would we be now if Adams could have sent back the €85 billion?
    twould be a start if he returned the money the IRA stole...

Hey johnny, quick question.

How many votes have SF recieved in Ireland in the most recent elections ?

Me being such a lover of democracy would be very interested to know and then I'd be able to know how much support they have on the island of Ireland.
    I await your response with nail biting anticipation.

Politics.ie Member TiredOfBeingTired's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both

SF(NI) seem a realistic alternative, quite competent, no better or worse than the rest, practical, political party. They may will have been a party of protest (but not necessarily protestants) but that day has past. What is the opposite of Tiocfaidh ar La?

SF(ROI) are more like a party of protest. However, if they got into power, I would expect them to act in a way similar to their northern counterparts.
    Sometimes there is very little between historical and hysterical. One passes for the other. In time, the former remains forever, the latter is quickly replaced...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by streetdwellingdog View Post
    Hey johnny, quick question.

How many votes have SF recieved in Ireland in the most recent elections ?

Me being such a lover of democracy would be very interested to know and then I'd be able to know how much support they have on the island of Ireland.
    I await your response with nail biting anticipation.
    The op refers to this state or the "26 counties" as the comrades like to call us, by the way Sinn Fein gained less support than a party that had just bankrupted the state at the last General Election.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfBeingTired View Post
    Both

SF(NI) seem a realistic alternative, quite competent, no better or worse than the rest, practical, political party. They may will have been a party of protest (but not necessarily protestants) but that day has past. What is the opposite of Tiocfaidh ar La?

SF(ROI) are more like a party of protest. However, if they got into power, I would expect them to act in a way similar to their northern counterparts.
    How would the Republic function now if Gerry was in power and sent back the € 85 billion?
    How would those on welfare survive if there was no EU funding to pay them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SF may realise Adams is a disaster. Even Doherty rapid fire mouth man not much better. Toibin about best of the, or indeed O Caolain who was ousted in a bloodless coup.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

strident reptition of simplistic solutions is the only reason SF have gained votes. they stay on message regardless of the situation. look at mcguinness during the presidential debate - vinny thought he had him on the ropes with his brilliant book trick but the bugger refused to take the bait. it works to a degree, but lets hope its not too successful. worked for Enda too - 5 point plan and all that malarkey

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast