Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 4% will vote No: Red C Poll

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Only 4% will vote No: Red C Poll

RedC Poll for Youth Council shows 74% support Children

A poll commissioned by the National Youth Council shows 74% support.

In the bag?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Over 60% in this poll say they know little or nothing about the amendment. There were similar levels of support in the campaign for the Oireachtas Inquiries referendum. I expect this to pass but with a very large "No" vote.
    14% say they are extremely knowledgeable about the Children’s Referendum
    19% say they are quite knowledgeable
    39% say they are not very knowledgeable
    22% say they are not at all knowledgeable
    Also call me a cynic, but the National Youth Council are hardly a neutral party to this referendum. I would like them to produce the exist wording of the question in the poll so as to verify it wasn't in any way a leading one. Red C are a reputable polling company but I would like to see the exact question they polled.

Also, humanists have joined the "No" campaign, arguing the govt can't be trusted with these new powers given they have not separated Church and State, and that the Constitution already allows the authorities to to intervene where children are abused.
    The government should be forced to live up to its existing constitutional obligations and not distract the issues by holding a referendum.

That is according to the 'Two Rights Now' group, which has launched its 'No' campaign in the Children's Rights Referendum.

They say the state can't be trusted with further powers when the rights to free education and to attend primary school without religious teaching are being ignored.

Spokesperson Dick Spicer told 98FM that the current articles in the constitution also protect children against abuse.

He added: "The fact of the matter is, the state can already intervene if there is abuse of children. Why is she pedalling this over the top nonsense?"
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 19th October 2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Fair and Balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Over 60% in this poll say they know little or nothing about the amendment. There were similar levels of support in the campaign for the Oireachtas Inquiries referendum. I expect this to pass but with a very large "No" vote.
    Ah yes, and the Greens will top the poll in the next election

I haven't even seen a poster advocating a no vote yet because, well, there aren't any legitimate reason to vote no!
    "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

... I would like them to produce the exist wording of the question in the poll so as to verify it wasn't in any way a leading one. Red C are a reputable polling company but I would like to see the exact question they polled.
    It's RedC's reputation that's put on the line when poll results from them are published, not the client's.
    In an industry where reputation is everything, they wouldn't damage their own livelihoods and careers by putting their names to results that have been deliberately skewed.
    The importance of the commissioners of the polls is that they have they have the right to publish polls when they like the results and keep them secret when they don't.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Over 60% in this poll say they know little or nothing about the amendment. There were similar levels of support in the campaign for the Oireachtas Inquiries referendum. I expect this to pass but with a very large "No" vote. Also call me a cynic, but the National Youth Council are hardly a neutral party to this referendum. I would like them to produce the exist wording of the question in the poll so as to verify it wasn't in any way a leading one. Red C are a reputable polling company but I would like to see the exact question they polled.

Also, humanists have joined the "No" campaign, arguing the govt can't be trusted with these new powers given they have not separated Church and State, and that the Constitution already allows the authorities to to intervene where children are abused.
    child hater.

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Protestant/Catholic=Irish View Post
    Ah yes, and the Greens will top the poll in the next election

I haven't even seen a poster advocating a no vote yet because, well, there aren't any legitimate reason to vote no!
    You've obviously not been watching carefully our more libertarian and our more catholic friends have been advocating a no vote strongly. The basis of their objection is more state interference in family / individual rights allied to past failures by the state in this area. They are all bats of course -this is a truly good initiative.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousorange View Post
    child hater.
    If you love children & families you should vote No.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

neutron..............are shinners voting NO ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousorange View Post
    child hater.
    PC bull. Children are already protected in the Constitution from abuse as much as under these proposals. This is about a power-hungry State seeking to usurp the natural role of the parent in a child's life. After the massive abuse in the industrial schools we would have to be mad to entrust them further in this area. And it also threatens to increase anti-social behaviour among children by preventing parents using reasonable chastisement to punish such behaviour. As a victim of vicious anti-social behaviour from teenagers a couple of years ago which cost me thousands to repair, I know what I am talking about.
    Fair and Balanced

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    neutron..............are shinners voting NO ?
    You would need to ask them.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast