Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FG IS AS BAD AS FF

Default FG IS AS BAD AS FF

MY HARP EMBOSSED PASSPORT FEELS AS VALUABLE AS A COUNTERFEIT MILLION-BUCK-WINNING LOTTO TICKET. IT'S HEARTBREAKING. THE BODY POLITIC IS A JOKE. THE GOVERNMENT'S HANDYWORK HAS LEFT THOUSANDS OF GOOD IRISHMEN AND WOMEN WRITHING IN AGONY IN BACTERIA INFECTED CORRIDORS ON RUST RIDDEN TROLLIES IN ILL-EQUIPPED AND UNDER-STAFFED HOSPITALS. SO MANY HAVE BEEN LIQUIDISED ON THE NATION'S ROADS, MY ONLY SURPRISE IS THAT THE TARMACADAM IS NOT HUED RED. WE SPEND SO MUCH TIME SITTING STILL IN TRAFFIC THAT THE FUTURE OBITUARIES OF IRISHMEN AND WOMEN WILL NEED LESS TEXT. OUR NATIONAL BROADCASTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DAIRY SO GOOD IS IT AT MILKING - RYAN TURBIDY (THE MAN WITH MORE FF ANCESTORS THAN THERE ARE MEMBERS IN FG) IS ON HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF EUROS? FOR WHAT? CHIT-CHAT TO AN AUDIENCE THAT ISN'T PROPORTIONATE BY INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS TO THE DOSH HE'S ENJOYING. SAME WITH THAT TOSSER GERRY RYAN. WHY IS NEWSTALK NOT ALLOWED A NATIONAL LICENSE FOR EXAMPLE?
    THERE ARE RODENTS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS. THE MILLIONS THAT DUNCE MARTIN CULLEN WASTED ON E-VOTING COULD HAVE SOLVED THAT. AND WHAT ABOUT THAT TOSSER MICHAEL MARTIN AND ALL OF THE MILLIONS HE WASTED ON NEVER-IMPLEMENTED REPORTS FROM BUSINESS CONSULTANTS WHEN HE WAS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. THE SMOKING BAN? BIG DEAL! HE SUFFOCATED THE HEALTH SERVICE. WOMEN IN THE WEST AND SOUTH WEST HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF NEVER-PROVIDED PORPER BREAST-SCREENING SERVICES. IT'S NOT TOO HARSH TO SAY THAT SOME OF THESE GUYS HAVE BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS. THE NUMBERS DRIVING ON PROVISIONAL LICENSES IS KNOWN TO HAVE A MAJOR INPUT INTO THE FATALITY FIGURES ON THE ROADS. NO FF OR PD MINISTER WILL TACKLE IT - WHY? THE LOSS OF VOTES? AND WHY DO WE NEED SO MANY TDS AND SO MANY JUNIOR MINISTERS? AND WHY DO WE NEED A SENATE STRUCTURED IN SUCH A STUPID MANNER? IT'S A RETIREMENT HOME FOR THE DAIL'S CORPSES, A BABY-WARD FOR THE ODD DAIL WANNABE AND A SABBATICAL CHAMBER FOR DAIL REJECTS. JOKE. AND THEN THERE'S MARY COUGHLAN. HER APPOINTMENT ENCAPSULATES THE PROBLEMS IN IRELAND'S BODY POLITIC. SHE'S THE OFFSPRING OF A TD - IT'S THE SURNAME THAT GETS YOU ELECTED YOU KNOW! SHE'S DOING NOTHING TO CHALLENGE THE FARMERS' TAKE-ALL-FREEBIES ATTITUDE. WE NEED A BUSINESSMAN IN SUCH A POST. AND WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT AER LINGUS? FF LOST OUR MAN TO BRITISH AIRWAYS OF ALL RIVALS. AND WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT THE SECOND TERMINAL? FF & THE PDS JUST WOULDN'T CO-OPERATE ON TIME, EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHING THAT MICHAEL O'LEARY TOUCHES TURNS TO ECONOMIC GOLD! NOW WHY IS FF AS BAD AS FG THEN? BECAUSE DESPITE ALL OF THESE SHAMBOLIC GOINGS ON, FG STILL HASN'T REALLY CAPITALISED. 'OH,' I HEAR YOU PROTEST, 'HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE LATEST OPINION POLLS? WE'RE UP. TO 25%!' BIG DEAL. IT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. IT ISN'T ENOUGH. THERE ISN'T ENOUGH OF A TEAR-THE-FF-JUGULAR-TO-SHREDS ATTITUDE. IT'S LIKE WHEN GARRET FITZGERALD WAS FETED AS A GREAT FG LEADER. WHO WAS HE AGAINST? ONLY THE BIGGEST LEPRAUCHAUN VERSION OF A MAFIA GODFATHER TO HAVE EVER WALKED ON THIS BOGGY ISLE? YIPEE, HE BEAT HIM ONCE OR TWICE. WAS IT AN ACHIEVEMENT, OR RATHER WAS IT JUST NOT A FAILURE? THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. ANY HALF-COMPETENT, HALF-ARTICULATE, HALF-CLEVER OPPOSITION LEADER SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOW THIS GOVERNMNET OUT OF THE WATER. IF KENNY ENDS UP TAOISEACH, IT'LL BE BECAUSE AHERN LOST IT, RATHER THAN BECAUSE KENNY WON IT. JUST AS THE RAINBOW AND TWO YEARS IN POWER SEEMED LIKE A GOOD THING AT THE TIME AND TOO IRRESISTIBLE TO TURN DOWN, SO AN ALLIANCE WITH A LABOUR PARTY LEAD BY DEMOCRATIC LEFT'S NEWLY CLAD MARXIST DRONES WILL ONCE AGAIN LURE FG INTO A SPELL IN GOVERNMENT THAT WILL DO THE PARTY MORE HARM THAN GOOD. JUST AS THE NOONAN-MITCHELL BIMBO VERSION OF MACHIAVELLIAN TACTICS NEARLY KILLED THE PARTY, ONCE AGAIN IN THE AFTERMATH OF SUCH A COALITION SOME OTHER PAIR WILL GO AGAIN AND THIS TIME IT'LL BE FATAL. 'WHAT'S THE ALTERNATIVE DOOM-MONGER?' I HEAR YOU SAY. LET'S BE COURAGEOUS AND LET'S STAND BY OUR CONVICTIONS AND SHOW THE ELECTORATE WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE STAND FOR AND SAY WHERE WE BELIEVE WE REALLY BELONG (AT 40% SUPPORT) AND SAY, 'LOOK, WE'RE FINE GAEL, THE PARTY THAT SET UP THE INSTITUTIONS OF THIS STATE, THE PARTY THAT MADE DEVALERA SEE SENSE AND PARTICIPATE IN DEMOCRACY, THE PARTY THAT DECLARED THE REPUBLIC, THE PARTY THAT GAVE LEMASS HIS ECONOMIC SUCCESS VIA THE INTER PARTY GOVERNMENTS' LEGACIES, AND THE PARTY THAT SAVED IRELAND FROM BANKRUPTCY AS A RESULT OF THE TALLAGHT STRATEGY..WE'RE HERE...IT'S YOUR CHOICE HOW YOU WANT YOUR COUNTRY TO TURN OUT...VOTE FOR US...WE'VE INTEGRITY...AND WE ASSURE YOU WE WON'T GO INTO POWER WITH MARXIST TOSSERS OR TREE-HUGGING FREAKS...YOU WANT GANGSTERS IN GOVERNMENT OR CONSIDERATE, COMPETENT IRISHMEN? THEN VOTE FOR US...SAY IT AS IT IS...YEAH. WE LOOK DESPERATE AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE THE UNDERLYING TONE IS 'OH ************************, IF WE DON'T GET INTO POWER WE'RE SCUPPERED'. THAT'S WRONG. LET THE IRISH PEOPLE COP ON THAT THEY NEED US. THAT'S HOW WE'LL TRULY WIN. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE LET'S SEND KENNY BACK TO BALLINA AND LET'S CELEBRATE RICHARD BRUTON'S CORONATION... [/b]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why has nobody taken my suggestion, that first time posters shouldn't be allowed start threads, seriously?
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mann, that was loud.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yo one angry mother!!!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I agree with everything Rupert said.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJagged
    So did I, but he didn't say it well. There was no structure. If he wants FG and FF to be defeated, he needs to articulate an alternative.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There you are Rupert, two votes so far. Just practice the delivery.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-formerly'Danny'
    So did I, but he didn't say it well. There was no structure. If he wants FG and FF to be defeated, he needs to articulate an alternative.
    TREE-HUGGING FREAKS?

Want to read it again Danny?
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-formerly'Danny'
    Umm...I don't think you read his post through, Andrew. (Not that I'm blaming you - you didn't miss much).
    This lad is a right-wing FGer who opposes any moves by FG toward a pre-election pact, or indeed any coalition, with Labour (Marxist tossers, apparently) and ourselves (tree-hugging freaks, don't you know?). If they do this, FG will be guaranteed 40%+ support and will soon be able to form a single-party government.
    He also believes Richard Bruton should be made FG leader as soon as possible.

He believes this so firmly that he feels the need to express this enthusiasm by typing entirely in block capitals.

Bets as to his identity, anyone? My money's on:

"If there is a future, it will be Green." - Petra Kelly.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eoin O'Duffy

.... reincarnated

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast