Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillsborough Disaster - Independent Report to finally reveal the truth of what happened?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Hillsborough Disaster - Independent Report to finally reveal the truth of what happened?

The final report of the Hillsborough Independent Panel will be published today. The report will provide guidance on over 400,000 pages of previously unpublished documents from dozens of organisations relating to the disaster which left 96 Liverpool supporters dead following a crush on the terrace during the 1989 FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest at the Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield.

The report published in 1990 by Lord Justice Taylor found that the main reason for the disaster was a failure of police control. In spite of this nobody has ever been prosecuted or held to account in any way from the disaster.

The London Independent provides a good summary of the key areas which it is hoped will become clearer with the release of these documents.

Hillsborough: will the real truth finally come out today? - News & Comment - Football - The Independent

The families of the victims and those who endured the events of that day have suffered a great deal in the 23 years since the disaster. Whatever comes from today the main hope is that it can bring these people some closure and peace.

YNWA.
    Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disgraceful it's taken this long. The families have had to jump through hoops for this day to come about.

Juctice for the 96.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I predict that it will be nobody's fault and a system failure will be blamed. Consideration will be taken about the recommendations in the report and in due course all practical recommendations will be implemented. Or something like that............
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We already know what happened. Sheffield police in general, and their senior officer on the day in particular, lost the plot and panicked.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    We already know what happened. Sheffield police in general, and their senior officer on the day in particular, lost the plot and panicked.
    I think it was more sinister than that in all honesty. When fans where getting crushed and where attempting to climb over the fence to safety on the pitch the police used battons to assault those people and batter them back into the crowd.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    I think it was more sinister than that in all honesty. When fans where getting crushed and where attempting to climb over the fence to safety on the pitch the police used battons to assault those people and batter them back into the crowd.
    As I said, they panicked. They panicked and opened the gates and then they panicked again when they thought that a mass pitch invasion was occurring. Sheffield police officers there on the day have the deaths of 96 fans on their consciences. As for the Sun! The attitude of that rag was disgusting!
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I said, they panicked. They panicked and opened the gates and then they panicked again when they thought that a mass pitch invasion was occurring. Sheffield police officers there on the day have the deaths of 96 fans on their consciences. As for the Sun! The attitude of that rag was disgusting!
    I wouldn't be surprised if a friendly journo was used by the police to get the lie out quick and start the cover-up.

Remember Jean Charles de Menezes vaulting the ticket machine and running away from the police? Total lie but got the obfuscation out there early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was disgusting and is to this very day. I would'nt even use it as toilet paper tbh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think aindriu's broadly on the money. I'd be surprised if the report itself for the incident itself goes beyond the Taylor report (which hasn't really been impacted over the past decades). What the report should hopefully shed light on is the actions of the police and the coroner's inquest into the incidents.

I think what they'll get is vindication, and an apology from Cameron. I don't believe he'll go as far as recomending the verdicts of Accidental Death be put aside.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I think aindriu's broadly on the money. I'd be surprised if the report itself for the incident itself goes beyond the Taylor report (which hasn't really been impacted over the past decades). What the report should hopefully shed light on is the actions of the police and the coroner's inquest into the incidents.

I think what they'll get is vindication, and an apology from Cameron. I don't believe he'll go as far as recomending the verdicts of Accidental Death be put aside.
    I think it might be more damning than you expect, Sync. Obviously, I have no facts to back that statement up!
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast