Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Akin, Missouri senate candidate, schools America on how the body reacts to rape

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Todd Akin, Missouri senate candidate, schools America on how the body reacts to rape

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
    Forgetting about rights/wrongs of the pro-choice/pro-life arguments, this moron is 8 points clear in Missouri state senate race, a senate that represents 32000 women in America who get pregnant from rape every year.

He's apologised:

"In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it's clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year," Akin wrote. "Those who perpetrate these crimes are the lowest of the low in our society and their victims will have no stronger advocate in the Senate to help ensure they have the justice they deserve."
    Is that really misspeaking? Like....Palin getting North Korea and South Korea mixed up is misspeaking. This is just being fundamentally wrong in what you're saying. What doctors told you this?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this moron is 8 points clear in Missouri state senate race
    America has gone wrong. Its broken.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

saw that earlier, he's a bit mental

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    saw that earlier, he's a bit mental
    A bit?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a big bit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A "legitimate rape". I like that. It's evidence of a mind capable of exceptional lateral thinking.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Gimpanzee

The man is wrong and clueless.

However, the problem is the whole abortion 'debate', which has created a situation where the likes of this guy (and the other person on 'the other side') are expected to talk about what happens a woman when she is being raped because they want to be in the senate..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The USA is a very in a very sick place. It's very sad to see its total decline.

Politics.ie Member TiredOfBeingTired's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

American politicians have form on this sort of nonsense.

Clayton Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the 1980 Texas Governor Election.
    "During the campaign, Williams publicly made a joke likening rape to bad weather, having quipped: "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" ......Williams eventually lost the race [in November] despite leading Richards by 11 points as recently as August and outspending her by almost 2-to-1".

More info:
    Texas Candidate's Comment About Rape Causes a Furor - NYTimes.com
    Sometimes there is very little between historical and hysterical. One passes for the other. In time, the former remains forever, the latter is quickly replaced...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whatever about "legitimate rape" - I mean W.T.F. ??? - what is this "mis-spoke" nonsense - the man couldn't have been clearer if he tried..........

No harm done - the republican collective will forgive him - cos at least he ain't black and he's one of ours.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast