Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland vs England Anthems @ croke park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ireland vs England Anthems @ croke park

This video is one of my favorites on youtube, I was just wondering does this video make other people feel as proud as it makes me feel?? and do other people feel the same as me; that if it works so well for Rugby should there be an all Ireland Soccer team?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPlLnnol4c

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The rugby squad always puts more into the anthem than the soccer team and the gaa teams most of the time, their pride is to be commended.... strange how that video cut out just after it though so you can't see how the crowd reacted. nice seeing a fairly indifferent mcdowell clapping as well at the end, made me remember that the election wasn't all bad. Good match to go with the anthems as well!

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was deadly. It was just a shame we were robbed of the Grand Slam by a dodgy French try
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu
    It was deadly. It was just a shame we were robbed of the Grand Slam by a dodgy French try
    More like the try we let the french score in the last few minutes in croker.

After that it was out of our hands.
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Default Re: Ireland vs England Anthems @ croke park

Quote Originally Posted by Nuada
    This video is one of my favorites on youtube, I was just wondering does this video make other people feel as proud as it makes me feel?? and do other people feel the same as me; that if it works so well for Rugby should there be an all Ireland Soccer team?

Yeah Nuada pull the other one ........these guys are so proud that they wont even play the Official National Anthem when they play away games?? that Ireland's Call is Shamefull, Rugby in this country is a Hob Knob game played and supported exclusively by the Middle to upper classes on the Isle...

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowIrish

Yeah Nuada pull the other one ........these guys are so proud that they wont even play the Official National Anthem when they play away games?? that Ireland's Call is Shamefull, Rugby in this country is a Hob Knob game played and supported exclusively by the Middle to upper classes on the Isle...
    That's because there are Protestant players from the north in the team who may not see Amhrán na bhFiann as "their" anthem
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

That's because there are Protestant players from the north in the team who may not see Amhrán na bhFiann as "their" anthem

Religion has Feck all to do with it so dont bring it in to it

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well then why play for Ireland at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fisk

Why not, they are living in the island of Ireland afterall, are they not?
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    Quote Originally Posted by fisk

Why not, they are living in the island of Ireland afterall, are they not?

Yes they are so then they should respect the anthem instead of the farcical situation of irelands call

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast