Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Ron Paul and why wont RTE tell us.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who is Ron Paul and why wont RTE tell us.

Most people living on this island with an interest in politics could name three Republican candidates and three Democratic candidates for the American election in 2008. Usual suspects being Giuliani, McCain, Romney and Clinton, Obama, Edwards.

There is a Congressman from Texas in the race too. His name is Ron Paul. He is rarely mentioned by the major networks in the United States and I haven't heard any reference to him by our media. And yet he has won almost every opinion poll after the republican debates, some by a landslide.

Last week Ron Paul had more Google search hits than Paris Hilton or the iPhone!!

Ron Paul is the only candidate on the Republican side to vote against the war in Iraq.

Ron Paul is an unusual politician.

He has NEVER voted to raise taxes.

He has never voted for an UNBALANCED budget.

He wants less government, not bigger government.

He voted against regulating the internet.

He wants America to STOP policing the world.

He is for peace and trade.

He is attracting a huge internet following, particularly popular with young people. I find his views appealing. It is refreshing to come across a politician who will vote according to his belief in the constitution no matter what the party line may be. Irish politicians for the most part change with the wind. We know it and most accept it. Ron Paul challenges that notion. I challenge you to find out more about Ron Paul and why he is being ignored by the mainstream media. www.ronpaul2008.com
    Or else put up with the pro war, pro terror candidates.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you his agent in Ireland or something?
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he's big news on libertynewsforum.com, the US equivalent of p.ie. he admittedly has a side bar ad on the site but Reps cant work out if they love him and Dems cant work out if they hate him. he'd be good in the pres election itself but he'll be bad in a Rep primary. they'll go for who doesn't confuse them, ie Thompson with a Romney VP. sorry to bust your bubble.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What bubble would that be?
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the idea that Ron Paul has a shot. wasn't responding to your post.

none of the abbve is currently winning the gop contender race
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who is winning?

Politics.ie Member The Trinity Politick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_west
    who is winning?
    Mitt Romney will win the nomination i would say
    “If you elect a matinee idol mayor, you’re going to have a musical comedy administration.” -Robert Moses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Fred Thompson has a chance if he would just go ahead and feckin declare. Why on earth he is still in the "exploratory committee" stage I dunno. He's headed polls already which to me would suggest he should declare.

It would cause Paul a problem as well. Similar small government federalism speak coming from a more recognisable face.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Giulani is heading the GOP polls at the moment, he's over %30 and looks the likely nominee at this stage. Paul while being an admirable politician isn't a realistic contender. He has raised just over $2,000,000 thus far. To put that into context, Mitt Romney has raised about 14 million,Giulani over 18 million and on the Democrat side, Hilliary over 26 million with Barack over 33 million!! Hilliary Clinton has a double-digit lead in the polls on the Democrat side.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast