Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Billy Fox

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Senator Billy Fox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Fox

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in history of the "republican" movement.

My question is to the so-called Sinn Fein/IRA supporters of this site, are you embarrassed by your movement's involvement in the murder of Senator Billy Fox?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's a FG scumbag, a black Prod, or a free-state bastard......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.

Was he a target? A case of mistaken identity? An accident? What are the real facts behind the case? There is very little information about it in the linked article.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

an accident?? ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Yes, there is a difference between shooting a guy because some idiot has sweaty hands and deliberately targeting and shooting a guy dead because you feel that he has wronged you in some way. The difference is in intent not in result.

So, yes I am for real. I`m on for finding about the full facts of the case. So if you have them or think you have them I`d be interested in hearing them.

Default Re: Senator Billy Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Throat
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Fox

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in history of the "republican" movement.

My question is to the so-called Sinn Fein/IRA supporters of this site, are you embarrassed by your movement's involvement in the murder of Senator Billy Fox?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's a FG scumbag, a black Prod, or a free-state bastard......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.
    Was it not the OIRA that killed Fox.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed it was the Official IRA so the resident Trolls questions would be best put to the current leader of the Labour Party who would be more likely to have an insight into the affair than the current SF leader.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Around this time many people facing trial for " republican " crime refused to account for their movements in court on the grounds that they were involved with married women ( not their own wives ) and didn't want to sully the womens' reputation. If the " boys " were to be believed, them border country women were something else !

Quote Originally Posted by kintama
    Indeed it was the Official IRA so the resident Trolls questions would be best put to the current leader of the Labour Party who would be more likely to have an insight into the affair than the current SF leader.
    Are you sure? I thought it was PIRA, and the wiki link mentioned says it was. First few googled sites I found all attributed it to either PIRA or IRA

Quote Originally Posted by dotski_w_
    Are you sure? I thought it was PIRA, and the wiki link mentioned says it was. First few googled sites I found all attributed it to either PIRA or IRA
    Sean Kinsella was convicted of the killing, and he is referred to as IRA in provie sites, so presumably he was PIRA (unless he left the stickies later, but I can't find mention of that anywhere).

[quote=dotski_w_]
    Quote Originally Posted by "dotski_w_":2kdamnh3
    Sean Kinsella was convicted of the killing, and he is referred to as IRA in provie sites, so presumably he was PIRA (unless he left the stickies later, but I can't find mention of that anywhere).[/quote:2kdamnh3]

It was the OIRA, they killed two senators during there time, one in the north and Fox in the south.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast