Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 200

Thread: Do FG hate Ireland/The Irish?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dublin North Central
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Do FG hate Ireland/The Irish?

    i noticed on this site a few months before the election a number of FG members expousing notions that most irish people are stupid idiots and that the nation as a whole is a bit of a joke. This resurfaced a few days after the election with the general population refered to as idiots. Is this fustration that to small a percentage of the population see the world as they do or is it a symptom of something deeper

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member White Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    7,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: DO FG HATE IRELAND/THE IRISH

    Quote Originally Posted by daithimac
    i noticed on this site a few months before the election a number of FG members expousing notions that most irish people are stupid idiots and that the nation as a whole is a bit of a joke. This resurfaced a few days after the election with the general population refered to as idiots. Is this fustration that to small a percentage of the population see the world as they do or is it a symptom of something deeper
    Apart from Daithimac, I have huge respect for my fellow countrymen.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    18th & falling
    Posts
    314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It is a common trait across the party, an intellectual expression of our self-flagellation (the main stay of any good meeting).

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This thread is trolling.
    Although I have seen an alarming section of this site which think that Ireland is incompetent particularly in relation to running things, infrastructural projects and recognising corruption and they use language to convey this that sugests they hate their own country, they wheren't confined to Fine Gael though.
    "She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!"

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjcarroll
    It is a common trait across the party, an intellectual expression of our self-flagellation (the main stay of any good meeting).
    John, it was a nice touch at our last meeting on your part to start it with a stirring tribute to Cromwell.
    It blew my homage to Thatcher out of the stadium, I can tell you.

  6. #6

    Default

    All conservative parties by and large have this 'self-hatred' aspect to them.
    'The monster is in thine eye'

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dublin North Central
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seos
    This thread is trolling.
    Although I have seen an alarming section of this site which think that Ireland is incompetent particularly in relation to running things, infrastructural projects and recognising corruption and they use language to convey this that sugests they hate their own country, they wheren't confined to Fine Gael though.
    Thats what im getting at. not any kind of unionism. there are many good folks in FG some of them have even made it into the dail

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dublin North Central
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    but i never recall hearing any of that language from members of Labour or Sinn fein.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I dont think Ireland is incompetent. Nor do I hate my country.

    I do however think that the civil service is incompetent and that there was and to a degree still is corruption in the public service and at political levels.

    Anyone who denies the incompetence in relation to the infrastructural projects must be blind.

    Why does saying so make me hote my country ?? I love my country and want to see change in the public service so my country can have a public service to be proud of.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I get the impression Daithimac that you're the sort of guy who appreciates the simplier things in life.
    Like a nice pair of slacks, or the love a man can have for a lamp.
    Id say you're very punctual aswell, somehow?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •