Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Peak Oil

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Peak Oil

I want to know from George Lee, why he was driving around in a gas guzzling Merc on last weeks Peak Oil programme on RTE 1. Surely if he was that concerned he should an oil free method of transport.

He's a reporter not an activist.
    He is reporting the facts. His personal views and levels of concern are irrelevant to the programme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Peak Oil

Quote Originally Posted by BrianRey
    I want to know from George Lee, why he was driving around in a gas guzzling Merc on last weeks Peak Oil programme on RTE 1. Surely if he was that concerned he should an oil free method of transport.
    Because journalists are better than plebs. For instance people get killed and kidknapped everyday, but if those things happen to a journalists... oh the humanity! The way plebs destory the planet inhabited by journalist is of paramount concern. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
    g4 ... e5
    f3 ... Qh4#

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What he was driving doesn't take away from the substance of what he was saying. There's trouble ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

<Mod>Moved to the Environment forum.</Mod>
    Heavy words are so lightly thrown.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are interested in more information about the issue go to www.peakoil.net

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.ft.com/home/europe

FT reports International Energy Agency predicting Oil Crisis within next 5 years - it will be the permanent crisis unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon

FT reports International Energy Agency predicting Oil Crisis within next 5 years - it will be the permanent crisis unfortunately...
    It's not looking goodfor us in Ireland.

The IEA said that supply was falling faster than expected in mature areas, such as the North Sea or Mexico, while projects in new provinces such as the Russian Far East, faced long delays. Meanwhile consumption is accelerating on strong economic growth in emerging countries.

Five years is a bit too soon for us to mend our ways.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Accountant
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon

It's not looking goodfor us in Ireland.

The IEA said that supply was falling faster than expected in mature areas, such as the North Sea or Mexico, while projects in new provinces such as the Russian Far East, faced long delays. Meanwhile consumption is accelerating on strong economic growth in emerging countries.

Five years is a bit too soon for us to mend our ways.
    Sure everything is fine.... keep on partying...keep on spending....buy more homes... don't be unpatriotic and mention anything that might interrupt my fun or make me have to think there might be consequences...

Why everyone just doesn't agree with Fianna Fail and join the 'Party' is beyond me...in fact they should just bloody top themselves
    'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.'

Inigo Montoya.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Surely if he was that concerned he should an oil free method of transport.
    I saw it as simply making a point, a statement, a 'this is normality' sort of thing. No big deal, really.

I managed to get chance to see the whole thing on the web and found it sensationalist albeit he was saying all the right things. Too much fancy footage-work and soundbites for me. Ho hum.

His efforts will not make a single tiny scrap of difference, of course.
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when creating them

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast