Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Hogan tees up with JP and Tiger Woods

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Phil Hogan tees up with JP and Tiger Woods

The JP McManus Invitational is starting today, and the star threesome is JP McManus, Tiger Woods and none other than Fine Gael head-honcho Phil Hogan TD.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independe...issue_id=12702

According to the Indo, two successive Finance Ministers (McCreevy and Cowen) have been relegated to the graveyard slots of the 8am shotgun start, whereas Hogan is up there in the limelight.

Given McManus' usual love-bombing of FF, this story is eye-catching to say the least.

Is McManus changing alliegance?
    As a man with an eye for a good punt, does he think the smart money is on FG and his new pal Phil "Reggie Kray" Hogan ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a) McManus isn't even playing, so he can't be teeing off with Hogan and Tiger
    b) Phil Hogan will be a few places down the list when it comes to Kenny handing out whatever ministerial portfolios are left after Labour have their lot

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krayZpaving
    a) McManus isn't even playing, so he can't be teeing off with Hogan and Tiger
    How do you know? Is the Indo wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by krayZpaving
    b) Phil Hogan will be a few places down the list when it comes to Kenny handing out whatever ministerial portfolios are left after Labour have their lot
    He'll be second on the FG list, after Richard Bruton. The Labour contenders aren't exactly awe-inspiring, so Phil won't have too much to worry about.
    Given that he is credited with saving the FG organisation (along with Frank Flannery), and for the miraculous local/euro elections (particularly his humiliation of Harney and Liz O' Donnell, and the media circus he drummed up[ around the non-existant war between McGuinness and Doyle)........I don't think he'll have much trouble getting a bigtime Cabinet post

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JP McManus was on Morning Ireland this morning speaking to Des Cahill and clearly stated that he was not playing this year, and that he might or might not play next year.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe it has nothing to do with politics but golfing ability, Hogans supposedly a mean golfer who regularly wins the Fine Gael golf classics maybe Mc Manus opted for a politician who could atleast try & keep up with the world's top golfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to clear all of this up - Phil played with Mary McAleese's husband, estate agent Arthur French and of course Tiger. The team was sponsored by French Estates.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know some of you might think that this thread is in some way related to politics, but its not.

Do you honestly believe anyone gives a flying ************************ who Phil Hogan plays golf with (or more to the point, who Tiger Woods plays golf with).

Cop yourselves on, Phil Hogan is an unimportant non-entity in Irish political life
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    Cop yourselves on, Phil Hogan is an unimportant non-entity in Irish political life
    Whereas Conor Murphy, Kenny O' Sullivan, Theresa Ferris and Killian Forde are all household names?!
    You certainly speak of them as if they are!

Come back to us when Phil Hogan is Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, feel free to add to Rock's list of unimportant non-entities in Irish political life. Sure it might help make the thread more related to politics, as if discussing a senior opposition TD and his cabinet prospects isn't.
    I can think of a few people who fit the description but I don't want to make Rock angry, so here are some people who are not at all non-entities and are really very important...

EDIT: I see that BarryW got in there before me. And he said "Theresa". Buachaill dána!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know some of you might think that this thread is in some way related to politics, but its not.
    If somebody is paying €100,000 (albeit to charity) for Phil Hogan to play a round of golf, I would say it has some political relevance. Other politicians apparently benefitting from the charitable instincts of others include Charlie McCreevy and Brian Cowen.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast