Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising on Politics.ie

Default Advertising on Politics.ie

Just curious because i study advertising in the media in some of college subjects so please dont think im trying to wind you up. When a firm or business advertised on this website, is there conditions where if a thread bad mouths or slags off the products or business, will it be removed? might sound very conspiracy like, but just curious, i know papers and tv news acts like this so does this website have to make sure not to allow certain things which could effect advertising income?
    Food tastes better when you put it all together! It's the one best mayonnaise!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Club Orange refuse to advertise on politics.ie, for obvious reasons!

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Advertising on Politics.ie

Quote Originally Posted by PaintingMedium
    Just curious because i study advertising in the media in some of college subjects so please dont think im trying to wind you up. When a firm or business advertised on this website, is there conditions where if a thread bad mouths or slags off the products or business, will it be removed? might sound very conspiracy like, but just curious, i know papers and tv news acts like this so does this website have to make sure not to allow certain things which could effect advertising income?
    All advertising is handled by Google, which trys to match the advertising to the content by contextual relevance. That's it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alot of the time are website ads not done through a third party agency who would control the content?

Default Re: Advertising on Politics.ie

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintingMedium
    All advertising is handled by Google, which trys to match the advertising to the content by contextual relevance. That's it.
    Thanks David
    Food tastes better when you put it all together! It's the one best mayonnaise!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The advertising is run by adsense, so if we were having a discussion on how crap something is and mention it numerous times more than likely an add for the product will pop up.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed CM. The mischief potential is almost overpowering sometimes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DerekOwens
    Indeed CM. The mischief potential is almost overpowering sometimes.
    I'm not sure Bertie, Enda, the PD or the IRS advertise with google.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    The advertising is run by adsense, so if we were having a discussion on how crap something is and mention it numerous times more than likely an add for the product will pop up.
    Let's test the theory. If we lovebomb the Orange Order, Fanta, Britvic (geddit?) or Club Orange ads should start to appear.

I have my doubts - for all the republican content on here, I still haven't seen any ads offering Counselling services.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mollox
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    Let's test the theory. If we lovebomb the Orange Order, Fanta, Britvic (geddit?) or Club Orange ads should start to appear.

I have my doubts - for all the republican content on here, I still haven't seen any ads offering Counselling services.
    It depends on who is using the advertising service.
    –George Burns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast