Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Committee"

Default "The Committee"

Dia duit,

First post... I keep ending up back here whenever I search for something related to Irish politics, so I figured I'd join.

My question is this: I came across the book, "The Committee" by Sean McPhilemy, the other day in a second-hand bookstore. Knowing that the television special that went with it caused a massive uproar, is it worth reading?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It depends what you want to find. The publishers were sued out of existence. But given that Sinn Fein and the IRA were both run by MI5 as were the UVF etc, the thesis is interesting, if unsustainable. s

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't pay much mind to Molly Malone here - I strongly suspect this person has many trolling identities and hasn't much of a clue.

The Committee is a worthwhile read, in my opinion, if you are genuinely interested in that sort of thing. It's rather disturbing though.
    slán,
    Fiona

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fiona: what is your problem, aside from your partisan and sectarian politics? The allegations against Trimble did not stand up in court so "the thesis is interesting, if unsustainable.
    Given the roles Mark Haddock, Sean O'Callaghan, Stakenife, The Jackal etc played in The Troubles and in the counter gangs I mentioned, it seems I have a big of a clue after all. The Committee destroyed the company that published it as they got sued. On the bright side, the same company issues Grizzly's tripe in the US so Americans will get less of his writings in the future.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone
    Fiona: what is your problem, aside from your partisan and sectarian politics?
    Oh goody! I'm now looking forward to a nice impartial unbiased post...

The allegations against Trimble did not stand up in court so "the theiss is interesting, in unsustainable.
    Given the roles Mark Haddock, Sean O'Callaghan, Stakenife, The Jackal etc played in The Troubles and in the counter ganges I mentioned, it seems I have a big of a clue after all. THe Committee destroyed the ocompany that published it as they got sued. On the bright side, the same company issues Grizzly's tripe in the US so Americans will get less of his writings in the future.
    Kettle... Pot... Black.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fiona: what is your problem, aside from your partisan and sectarian politics? The allegations against Trimble did not stand up in court so "the thesis is interesting, if unsustainable.
    Given the roles Mark Haddock, Sean O'Callaghan, Stakenife, The Jackal etc played in The Troubles and in the counter gangs I mentioned, it seems I have a big of a clue after all. The Committee destroyed the company that published it as they got sued. On the bright side, the same company issues Grizzly's tripe in the US so Americans will get less of his writings in the future.
    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot....

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Committee was a very good peace of investigative journalism. Obviously they were never going to get a fair hearing in a British court at the time but recent police ombudsman findings and political developments have added credence to the claims. In these days of UUP/UVF overt alliance it is more easy to believe that a covert alliance has always been in existance. Taylor, Trimble and McCrae have all been members of the UVF, not necessarily at operational level but members nonetheless.
    Brits out!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taylor, Trimble and McCrae have all been members of the UVF, not necessarily at operational level but members nonetheless.
    Is this actually true?
    Source/link?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bobby Sands: You have named yourself after a long dead sectarian killer so please take that into account when discussing impartiality. To repeat, the allegations fell down and the UVF/IRA have proved to be riddled with informers and double agents. Stakeknife and Denis Donaldson were bosom buddies of Grizzly Adams, so let's look at collusion there. And, as Denis Donaldson had his arms around Bobby Sands in the famous picture, where does that put your icon? Did Sands and his biatch have a Long Kesh tiff that set one off to suicide and the other to roger the wives of the "POWs".
    The Provos fight the law and the law won. If Bobby Sands was alive today, he would be volunteering his services to keep Ulster British, just like Denis would if he were still alive.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bobby Sands: You have named yourself after a long dead sectarian killer so please take that into account when discussing impartiality. To repeat, the allegations fell down and the UVF/IRA have proved to be riddled with informers and double agents. Stakeknife and Denis Donaldson were bosom buddies of Grizzly Adams, so let's look at collusion there. And, as Denis Donaldson had his arms around Bobby Sands in the famous picture, where does that put your icon? Did Sands and his biatch have a Long Kesh tiff that set one off to suicide and the other to roger the wives of the "POWs".
    The Provos fight the law and the law won. If Bobby Sands was alive today, he would be volunteering his services to keep Ulster British, just like Denis would if he were still alive.
    How old are you?

Bobby Sands a sectarian killer? Back it up or retract that claim.

Actually with posts like this I'm surprised you're allowed on this site:

Eamonn McCann says they spent most of the time in the GPO saying the Rosary. I wonder how many priests at that time used to f-uck the prettier altar boys. And if priests and teachers would do it......... It is amazing how defenders of sectarian attacks, drug running, bank robbing etc still want to believe the 1916 chappies were pristine. Pearse and Houston set up Na Fianna and Baden Powell liked naked boys.

Fiona aka Sherlock: I signed up as I am interested in the topic and I provided the Wiki"pedo" reference for you to edit. But you cannot as you are a closet supporter of the rough n tumble tactics of Gerry, of the sowrd, the kniuife fight and not the pen. Following the failure of the 1916 Rebellion, Pearse and the others were lionised. Now, as history is being rewritten to suit today's Gay Zeitgeist, your only response is that it is a big conspiracy by me and non SF/SS spammers. I found Merel Haggard and a few other terrorist sympathisers to be some way informed. But I don't really care.

I look forward to reading Wikipedi'a articles on Rogering and Pearsing soon to see your edits.

Keep the faith. And don't bend down in the shower.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast