Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian HAYES the next leader of FG

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Brian HAYES the next leader of FG

????????????

Default Wise old owl?

I think you have just disavowed your name. You must be stone cracking mad. Brian Hayes? The guy Who makes Sen Fergal Browne sound almost intelligent and user friendly?
    Brian Hayes comes across to the people outside of Dublin as what me mammy would say , "a bit of a smart alec sleeveen". And remember if FG was dependent on Dublin there would not be much of a party.
    Listen back to any of his appearances on Vincent Browne over the past 5 years when he was decimated and the silly thing was that he was not smart enough to realise that at the time and kept digging. he is a good local politician who will get elected on and off. Eric Byrne springs to mind!

Some people suggest Paul Kehoe (Wex) as a future possibility.
    Simon Coveney blew it really badly in 2 interviews in 12 hours on the last day of the campaign. Imagine what Biffo would do to him with the wind in his sails. Mairead McG has lost her chance. She is now even older than me!

I must say that in the brief time I saw him near the end of the election campaign i was very very impressed with the naturalness and confidence of young John Paul Phelan of Kilkenny who will shine in the future. I do not know him nor did i vote for him so I am not flying a kite. (But Phil might not let him develop)

I have looked through FG's list of 51 and very few shine. Denis Naughton, Shane McEntee and probably Joe Mc Hugh but they will need Enda to keep an even keel for next 4 years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Wise old owl?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Tallyman
    I have looked through FG's list of 51 and very few shine.
    Best FG performer in the election was bookie Ivan Yates. Serious armtwisting is needed to get him to re-enlist and contest the coming Mayo bye-election.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All I can say about that is..

Put Hayes in a debate head to head with Cowen.. and FG would be lucky to come out of an election with 20 seats
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya we all know what happens when a crap leader goes on a debate, SF lose a seat.
    So much for yer 10 seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yadda yadda yadda leader..

Guess what .. Caoimhín O Caoláin has as much chance of being elected Taoiseach next Thursday as Enda Kenny

and by the way, the last 4 FG leaders who returned 51 seats to the Dail for FG, either resigned or were sacked.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow im so glad your so interested in the history of FG, do u want do jump a sinking ship and join one that is steaming ahead?

And i maybe wrong here but those last 4 leaders, I don't think anyone of them gained 20 seats.
    Plus they didn't become leader when the party was just after being slaughtered at the polls, our internal party structure was a disaster and we had no money.

so rock yadda yadda yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the leader
    wow im so glad your so interested in the history of FG, do u want do jump a sinking ship and join one that is steaming ahead?

And i maybe wrong here but those last 4 leaders, I don't think anyone of them gained 20 seats.
    Plus they didn't become leader when the party was just after being slaughtered at the polls, our internal party structure was a disaster and we had no money.

so rock yadda yadda yourself.
    Look Leader, they didn't gain 20 seats, because they weren't stupid enough to lose 23.. .

the fact is, Enda Kenny's performance as leader of is one of the worst in terms of seats won in the party's history.. this is a fact

Garret Fitzgerald resigned after winning 50 seats (1 less), John Bruton was booted out after winning 54 (3 more).

Enda Kenny had a very good performance this time, when compared against a humiliatingly bad by Michael Noonan..

On your last 8 election performances, a good result was followed by a bad result, so don't count your chickens just yet

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    On your last 8 election performances, a good result was followed by a bad result, so don't count your chickens just yet
    indeed ROC's right on this, FG need to give serious consideration to the future if there is to be a break through 60 plus seats and a serious contention of being in government. there are some good ppl and great policies in FG however there seems to be a real problem in getting this across to the electorate whom ultimately decide the matter
    Enda Kenny on FF government: “We’re in this mess, not because Fianna Fáil policies have failed, but because they have succeeded.”

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    You criticise Enda Kenny. That's fine, nothing new there.

Your election bid was a stunning failure. So will you be making way for someone better on the next occasion?
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast