Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 5 of 2029 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Marian Finucane, why? (Original Thread)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post
    You haven't watched Fox News, have you.
    Is that what you call TV3 news?

Elaine Crowley, Siobhan Bastible, Collette Fitz, Geraldine Lynagh,

Couldn't agree more,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know if that flying garden fella who wastes taxpayers
    money at the speed of light has / had a show on rte, he must have
    had one at some stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralhazard77 View Post
    I watched the Late Late Show last night and it was a joke. I read somewhere that Tubridy promised the show would be improved, more indepth serious interviews and higher quality all round. But no, it was the same old sh#te. A tennis player, educate together people, couple of boring hollywooders, an illness, stupid music and Sinead O'Connor trying to be sexy(Ew!). Same old dross. God forbid they would ever mention the fact that the IMF are running the country or that democracy is dying and the world is in flames. I know I won't be watching it again and I bet I'm not the only one. But I suppose it doesn't matter if you watch RTE or not, they still get paid.
    Stop watching it. Its normally rubbish and you believed the PR that ot would get better. It will not.
    Bugsy Malone is crap. Has he wiped out Gerry Ryans viewing figures yet ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are ordinary staff members in RTE, ESB etc. that earn more than Angela Merkel

Ireland is a kip. It has been so badly managed that we may never recover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Sorry mate, can't ever be independent while it gets its money from the state, doesnt work that way,

Does the M5 in your name refer to the BMW? The BMW M5 is an excellent example of what private enterprise can do, rte is an excellent example of what you get with state control!
    Good point, I don't agree though - the finances just need be ringfenced & independent of politicians. For example in the UK the train operators are privately owned on long term franchises but effectively state financed much like the PSO flights here. Coming to think of it the BBC the finest broadcaster in the World is state funded too.

Bouy M5 is the Met Eireann / navigational bouy off the South East coast - that the emigrant flights from Munster to the UK & Mainland Europe exit Irish airspace.

I think you might find the history of BMW suprising & also how Bayern AG works - how a backward area of Germany became a hi tech hub through sensible state planning & co-ordinated funding / technical education linking the private and public sectors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post
    You haven't watched Fox News, have you.
    Sky "News" is pretty appallling - sensationalism, tabloid news values and a focus on entertainment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    There are ordinary staff members in RTE, ESB etc. that earn more than Angela Merkel

Ireland is a kip. It has been so badly managed that we may never recover.
    What do you mean ordinary? the independent contractors like Tubridy, La Finucane etc. or Dympna the tea lady?

I am sure that the leggy blonde on "Guten morgen Nord Rhein Westfalen" gets more money than Fr. Dr. Merkel....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Estragon View Post
    Direct quote.

"I saw a headline on the cover of the Irish Times."

This must be the, 'hours of research,' she was telling us about. She got about 20 minutes airtime out of that.

The three peices I listened to were some of the laziest, most dirivative, and inane rubbish I've listened to in some time.
    Well, what were the three pieces about? And why were they some of the laziest ....rubbish etc.?

Is she worth half a million? I don't know. I certainly think we don't get value for money as she is under-utilised. I think she is a good interviewer and is seen a a heavy-weight (whether you agree with that or not) and she is normally able to pull in interesting interviewees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    What do you mean ordinary? the independent contractors like Tubridy, La Finucane etc. or Dympna the tea lady?

I am sure that the leggy blonde on "Guten morgen Nord Rhein Westfalen" gets more money than Fr. Dr. Merkel....
    Ordinary. Middle management, financial controllers, accountants, PR executives, tea lady`s et al.

Grossly overpaid in both organisations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    Well, what were the three pieces about? And why were they some of the laziest ....rubbish etc.?
    The headline related to the banking crisis (I know, where does she get these innovative ideas), she got the IT reporter on who basically spent 20 minutes plugging a book he'd written, while Marian indulged in selective amnesia about her own role in our property lunacy. The second piece was Fr Brian Darcy doing some truly world class and I mean world class waffling on the Vatican reposte while Marian slurped coffee. The third I've thankfully wiped from my memory, but if I recall that particular episode in the death of radio I'll be sure to let you know.
    We are all born mad. Some remain so.