Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 4 of 2029 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Marian Finucane, why? (Original Thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_Observer View Post
    Sell RTE. All of it.
    That's the kind of neo liberal crap got us into this mess.
    So Lord O'Reilly or D O'B end up owning the bits of the meeja they don't already own.

What it needs is a properly run RTE with proper regulation - so that it is independent, & robustly regulated. So not run by a coterie of "talent" or by politically inspired revolutionaries on a mission - such as in the past when we had the obnoxious Eoghan Harris & his Stalinist chums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stoichkov View Post
    where is brendan o'brien now?
    Probably acting as dresser for Ballsy O'Connor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralhazard77 View Post
    She might get 10 grand a year at a community radio station.

I think I read Vinny gets around 54,000 after tax. He works his ass off 5 days a week and is on late at night, compare that to Finucane who works 2 days for a couple of hours.

Let the market rule baby is right.
    so that's around 85k before theft. I mean tax, that's a good deal for tv3, I really missed him while he was on his hols, glad hes back next week, hope hes good and angry with a hunger for lying incompetent politicians,

And just in case anyone from tv3 is perusing this tread, and I'm sure they are, hi, please see below,

Yates, ganly, gurdy, Lucy, sommerville, matthews and of course big V himself = ratings & revenue up.

Sarah Carey, Sam smith, Laura noonan and marianne mckeown = ratings & revenue go down.

Mary O'Rourke = places tv3 at significant risk of bankruptcy and physical distruction, genuinely, please don't let that happen again, it made me cry!

Sarah Mcinerny = just delicious, Id even watch whatever trash Ant & Dec are presenting these days if she was on it!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clare Byrne was really excellent for the weeks that she covered this. She is very sharp, and a serious journalist compared to amateur bull from the likes of Finucane and Rachel English.

What really gets me about Marian Finucane is firstly her disgusting, revolting smokers voice & cough, and secondly her the disgusting way she salivates over guests who are men of a certain age and social standing - Mike Soden, Colm McCarthy, Peter Mathews (notice the common features?)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cant stand clare byrne.

but even i'll say she was a good stand in. something for marrion to think about if she decides to get up herself when the 30% pay cut comes down the line to her.

mind you on a sunday the alternative was ger colleran !

(nah, credit where credits due. she did a good job)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about the GREEN BORE middle class Duncan Stewart and now he has his daughter Tania with him . The ironic thing about it is he has always refused to have a TV in his house. Its ok for him and his family to take loads of RTE money (our money) for apperaing on TV but dont do what I do do what I say.. Snobby green P---k

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a media conspiracy to keep those outrageous salary figures hidden. Apart from the odd little go now and again in tabloids and this site, all is silence from the main media who have concentrated on politicians and the public service.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralhazard77 View Post
    RTE news is so biased, it's pathetic. I doubt younger people even watch it anymore, I know I don't. RTE's power is dwindling fast, but they refuse to change. The license fee is unsustainable in these recessionary times.

Something's got to give.
    You haven't watched Fox News, have you.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Is there a media conspiracy to keep those outrageous salary figures hidden. Apart from the odd little go now and again in tabloids and this site, all is silence from the main media who have concentrated on politicians and the public service.
    there was blue murder getting the figures we have now out in the open.

they resisted it for literaly years and i reckon if it wasnt for the fact the tax payer is responsible for 50% of its income in the good time we never wouldve known.

the lads in the media like to sell themselves as average joes but the fact is theyre creaming it in comparison to the average joe.

last figures i heard about RTE was theyve got 5 orchestras, one manager for every six people in the place, and an average (i.e no duffy/kenny/finucane involved) wage of 56k a year.

god alone knows whats going on a the times and the sindo, but considering the hanover quay biddie is forever bemoaning her half a million apartment i presume the wages were nothig to be sniffed at there either.

(alison o riordan ! had to work past a mental block to remember her name)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    That's the kind of neo liberal crap got us into this mess.
    So Lord O'Reilly or D O'B end up owning the bits of the meeja they don't already own.

What it needs is a properly run RTE with proper regulation - so that it is independent, & robustly regulated. So not run by a coterie of "talent" or by politically inspired revolutionaries on a mission - such as in the past when we had the obnoxious Eoghan Harris & his Stalinist chums.
    Sorry mate, can't ever be independent while it gets its money from the state, doesnt work that way,

Does the M5 in your name refer to the BMW? The BMW M5 is an excellent example of what private enterprise can do, rte is an excellent example of what you get with state control!