Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 11 of 2029 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marian Finucane, why? (Original Thread)

Politics.ie Member moralhazard77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    I watch the RTE news every night. It's handy for checking what bullsh1t is being peddled that day by the elites against the general citizen. As a source of real news, it is nearly useless. Remember the IMF in Dublin? RTE should have been burned to the ground next day.
    Yeah and do you remember at the bailout press conference when Vincent Browne started tearing into Cowen and RTE cut away. That was truly despicable.
    The role of the EU is to make the rich in Europe richer - Vincent Browne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post
    You haven't watched Fox News, have you.
    Are you trying to imply Fox news is biased? And there was me thinking it was fair and balanced.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting. Because a bunch of bankers screwed the country and a bunch of politicians assisted, you claim that RTE presenters are over-paid?

Our politicians and bankers are still over-paid, with little likelyhood of any major drop in salaries beyond the minimal one so far applied.

In fairness to politicians their salaries are an awful lot less than they were about three years ago. And that is as it should be, but a blind eye is turned to the Finucanes of this world.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BBC, a few other large British stations. Why do you ask?
    I think thats a popular myth. Did not Gaybo cross the water for a while but promptly returned. I think they believe its better to be a big fish in a small pond, than a small fish in a big one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by myksav
    You haven't watched Fox News, have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Sky "News" is pretty appallling - sensationalism, tabloid news values and a focus on entertainment
    Fox News describes Sky News as their sister station.
    They are both owned by a certain Rupert Murdoch.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It pains me to admit it, but Finucane was good listening today. She seems to have done some research for a change.

That is unusual in my experience.

But inviting on Celia Larkin is close to unforgivable.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    It pains me to admit it, but Finucane was good listening today. She seems to have done some research for a change.

I agree, did she (Celia) warn Bertie on the pillow about the shaky position of the property bubble ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fully agree, on all points. Also she listened today, there was iteration. Dear God, she actually changed her questioning based on what was said by her guests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I agree, did she (Celia) warn Bertie on the pillow about the shaky position of the property bubble ?
    probably not, is her beauty room still open opposite Diarmuid's pad in Drumcondra? She opened that in 05 06? That was pretty top of the tree in terms of overblown asset values, so unless she got a lucky digout and random donkeys came in on the strand races she'd be paying way over the odds for her rent

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Celia is everywhere these days, writing puff pieces about her pals, and having pals write puff pieces about her.

Is she thinking of running for the Presidency?

The Sindo has a great ability to "launder" people and spit them out all fresh, rebranded as "journalists"--O'Dea, Celia....

Celia, an erstwhile expert on nail polish and Brazilian waxing, is now holding forth on debt forgiveness, the bloated public sector, how teachers don't know they're born....and the usual Sindo party line.

I liked the way Marian had the temerity to take on Matthews a few times this morning. I thought the debate was very interesting. Matthews used to hang real cool under Vinnie's fire when he was being grilled by him on his late night TV3 show, before the election.
    But there was a certain self-important egotism in his manner this morning, that I hadn't noticed before. "I was the only person to predict this" etc.

Perhaps it's just radio...or maybe Matthews is getting a bit p**sed off towing the line and being a good boy for no reward...