Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AIB poaching Anglo managers with 30% pay rises...

Politics.ie Member MsAnneThrope's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default AIB poaching Anglo managers with 30% pay rises...

The Irish Times, reporting from another universe, says that AIB is trying to poach Anglo managers with pay rises of up to 30%:

AIB HAS made an approach for a number of key executives from Anglo Irish Bank in recent weeks.

It is believed up to 20 managers in Anglo’s group recovery management unit, the division of the bank which deals with the bank’s non-National Asset Management Agency (Nama) distressed loans are being targeted [...]

It is understood AIB is offering pay increases of up to 30 per cent to the Anglo employees [...]

An estimated 200 Anglo staff have already moved to AIB [...] It is understood the prospect of a permanent position with AIB may entice Anglo employees to the bank
    Irish Times: AIB in approach to Anglo loan managers

This news prompted the following letter to the Irish Times:

Sir, – In the real world, competing companies poach quality staff from each other and pay a premium to the poached to ensure they sign up.

In an unreal world, two non-competing companies, ie AIB and Anglo Irish Bank, owned by the long-suffering Irish taxpayer, are engaged in a similar competition for staff, the premium being a 30 per cent salary increase (“AIB in approach to Anglo loan managers”, Business, August 22nd).

Needless to say the shareholder will have to fund this madness.

Minister for Finance Michael Noonan: Do your stuff, please, and put an end to this nonsense. – Yours, etc,
    I concur, but can and will Noonan do anything about it? Equally, can and will our 'Public Interest Directors' in the banks do anything about it?

In other news today Anglo has announced losses of €101 million for the first 6 months of the year.
    We all love animals. Why do we call some 'pets' and others 'dinner'?

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MsAnneThrope View Post
    In other news today Anglo has announced losses of €101 million for the first 6 months of the year.
    I wonder what chunk of that is wages. White collar dole we can call it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like the old boy network protecting its own.

'Don't worry old chum, don't let it affect your swing, I'll get you into AIB, I'll even sort you out a pay rise'

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The level of ability inside AIB must be bad when HR and Senior Management in AIB go poaching managers in Anglo Irish Bank in search of "talent".

More waste of the taxpayers money.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

dun the veil

Where do I apply?

The Lusitania is poaching the staff from the Titanic. How quaint.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member powderfinger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not merge AIB and Anglo?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can someone tell me is there any other company who would be willing to hire these people, who, for the last 3 years realised that their futures at their current employer are doomed, yet were thick enough to stay around, and why AIB feels the need to pay over the odds for these staff?

Madness.

If someone stayed with anglo these past few years, their employment options would be somewhat limited, and I'd be concerned as to their capabilities and abilities.

Good one AIB. What a (worthless) bank.
    Still, AIB might pick up a few handy golfers for the corporate golf competitions............

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by powderfinger View Post
    Why not merge AIB and Anglo?
    even better let them both go bust immediately. As for giving these eejits 30% pay increases if they move to aib, it shows what a fookin gombeen country we live in.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackquack View Post
    Can someone tell me is there any other company who would be willing to hire these people, who, for the last 3 years realised that their futures at their current employer is doomed, yet were thick enough to stay around, and why AIB feels the need to pay over the odds for these staff?
    Madness.
    this is ireland clinical insanity seems to be epidemic in this country.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast