Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bouncers/door staff in Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bouncers/door staff in Ireland

Reposted from a Developement & Editorial thread.

Quote Originally Posted by civic_critic
    Ireland has always abused its people; the carry on of bouncers around Dublin is just the latest incarnation of this sickness in the heart of this nation. Irish bouncers are the most aggressive and most gratuitously powerplaying of any bouncers I have ever seen anywhere in Europe. They routinely assault people for no reason and use a 'headlock' to do so as a matter of course. This headlock involves cutting off people's oxygen and blood supply; it is a judo move and is, in my view, technically attempted murder. The Irish of course cluelessly and passively submit to this regime of overbearing bullying and grotesque exclusivity which is being played out on the doors of almost every pub in the city of Dublin. The Irish will even queue up for this treatment and submit to impertinent questioning by these slobbering thugs such as "where are you coming from", "where have you just been" and other impertinent nonsense. These arseholes think they're on patrol in the Ardoyne.

As regards getting the gardai to take you seriously in these situations, if it's after 6 o'clock in the evening in the city centre then the guards presume you are guilty until proved innocent (you're likely to 'have drink taken' you see). That's if you can get them to turn up at all, which is doubtful. All in all if you're 'on the outside' in any way or in any given situation in this society you are at a grave disadvantage. This society does not respect its people unless they conform to its remarkably narrow terms. I say this as someone who has lived in a few other countries and has something with which to compare.

General request to users: please do not identify individuals or individual establishments or security operators. Instead, please stick to general location and the type of establishment.

Much as we'd like to have fully open discussion, this is a site based in Ireland and responsible for all posts made. We cannot have ourselves open to defamation proceedings or malicious allegations from business rivals and enemies.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The reason why I asked where they were from is that I recently witnessed similar attacks on customers by eastern European bouncers not too far from where the incident referred to took place. That is why I aksed as it is possible/likely that they are employed by the seame person. Of course I forgot that you cannot mention any misbehaviour by the "New Irish"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Bouncers/door staff in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by meriwether
    Quote Originally Posted by civic_critic
    Fair enough.

Ireland has always abused its people; the carry on of bouncers around Dublin is just the latest incarnation of this sickness in the heart of this nation. Irish bouncers are the most aggressive and most gratuitously powerplaying of any bouncers I have ever seen anywhere in Europe. They routinely assault people for no reason and use a 'headlock' to do so as a matter of course. This headlock involves cutting off people's oxygen and blood supply; it is a judo move and is, in my view, technically attempted murder. The Irish of course cluelessly and passively submit to this regime of overbearing bullying and grotesque exclusivity which is being played out on the doors of almost every pub in the city of Dublin. The Irish will even queue up for this treatment and submit to impertinent questioning by these slobbering thugs such as "where are you coming from", "where have you just been" and other impertinent nonsense. These arseholes think they're on patrol in the Ardoyne.

As regards getting the gardai to take you seriously in these situations, if it's after 6 o'clock in the evening in the city centre then the guards presume you are guilty until proved innocent (you're likely to 'have drink taken' you see). That's if you can get them to turn up at all, which is doubtful. All in all if you're 'on the outside' in any way or in any given situation in this society you are at a grave disadvantage. This society does not respect its people unless they conform to its remarkably narrow terms. I say this as someone who has lived in a few other countries and has something with which to compare.
    Good post.
    A little understood factor is that overall regarding the social disorder on the streets regarding pubs and clubs, bouncers play a significant role in making the situation worse.
    Bouncers approach the job from a maximum aggression viewpoint, rather than the opposite.
    Its because they are scared shitless. They usually subject smaller men to the interogations Civic is taking about. Its a mini power trip for them to distract them from their otherwise petty and insignificant lives.

I would not Q to get into a bar full stop. Those days are far behind me.
    Veni, vidi, arrivederci

Couldnt determin were they were from.. I'm waiting for later on in the afternoon to ring them up. I'll ask the name of thier security provider. Then ring them, ask them which clubs they service. Then ring every club they work for and tell them I'll lead a boycott against every club that uses them.
    "Are you telling me that a computer, a robot and my wife would create a "natuarlly balanced" society? The consequences are too monstrous to contemplate.."
    -farnaby.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popper
    The reason why I asked where they were from is that I recently witnessed similar attacks on customers by eastern European bouncers not too far from where the incident referred to took place. That is why I aksed as it is possible/likely that they are employed by the seame person. Of course I forgot that you cannot mention any misbehaviour by the "New Irish"
    Many of them have military training, and are as aggressive as anything. Im much more wary of Eastern Europoean bouncers than youre bog standard Irish neanderthal bouncers.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Many of them have military training, and are as aggressive as anything. Im much more wary of Eastern Europoean bouncers than youre bog standard Irish neanderthal bouncers.
    That's a bit snooty, Meri.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by easygoing
    I thought I was being quite generous.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some are aggressive and dumb - but then, so are people from all walks. Many are sound out.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some are aggressive and dumb - but then, so are people from all walks. Many are sound out.
    Yeah, to specify- the bad Irish bouncers are the neanderthals, not all of them. Some are quite polite and helpful.
    Im pretty confident however that a slightly higher percentage of bouncers are like this, as compared to general life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Door security staff are now supposed to be registered after doing some kind of training course. What this course involves, I do not know as these guys are just as ignorant as they were 2,12,20 years ago, great while they are all together kicking the bejazus out some young lad who is p*****d and can't defend himself, but snivelling little sh1ts when you smack them when you meet them on their own(had the pleasure of doing this once after getting a hiding from bouncers). A young lad of 23, named Moynihan from Cork hit a bouncer and he was caught in a headlock (described at the top of this thread) the young lad was choked to death and to this day nobody has been prosecuted for causing his death. His family are still seeking justice for their sons death. In my opinion, bouncers are lowlives who do not deserve any respect.
    There are Men, there are Women and there are Politicians. God save old Ireland

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast