Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: What now for Ivor Callely?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What now for Ivor Callely?

So Ivor lost his seat for the first time since he got elected in 1989. What now for Ivor Callely? Does he plan to stay in public life, will he run for the council in 2009? Will he get appointed to the Seanad or is that unlikely because his relationship with Bertie is in tatters? Or will he just do us all a favour and announce his retirement like Michael McDowell?

Analyse.

Home Decorating? Paint Jobs?!

In a way, it shows you cant buy elections - he spent an exceptionally large amount on getting elected - newspapers, banners, sure it goes on and on...

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Garage Demolition for the Holiday Home in beautiful West Cork

I reckon he will end up in the Seanad. There are not that many FF TD's who lost out this time around and he must be in with a shout. With over 7,000 first preferences in this election, he must be a sure bet to be running with Haughy jr. next time around.

As for getting into the home decorating, I don't think he would earn enough money at that. I hear he knows somebody that will decorate a whole house for next to nothing !!

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How are Ivors troubles and tribulations going these days

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
    I reckon he will end up in the Seanad. There are not that many FF TD's who lost out this time around and he must be in with a shout. With over 7,000 first preferences in this election, he must be a sure bet to be running with Haughy jr. next time around.

As for getting into the home decorating, I don't think he would earn enough money at that. I hear he knows somebody that will decorate a whole house for next to nothing !!
    He has no chance of a seat in the seanad.......... this is a waiting house for coming back into the fold after losing a seat..... ie Mary O Rourke. There will be plenty of lost FF seats next time out, and the Govt appointees anyway will not be appointed by an FF leader. Ivor is a dead duck politically, in fact he is a pariah now in leinster house. He would be better off to start learning to cut hair and help out his missus.

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tellis1 View Post
    He has no chance of a seat in the seanad.......... this is a waiting house for coming back into the fold after losing a seat..... ie Mary O Rourke. There will be plenty of lost FF seats next time out, and the Govt appointees anyway will not be appointed by an FF leader. Ivor is a dead duck politically, in fact he is a pariah now in leinster house. He would be better off to start learning to cut hair and help out his missus.
    Dont think cutting hair around west Cork would be very profitable