Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rent supplement for landlords, yes or no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rent supplement for landlords, yes or no

7000 landlords have failed to register their property, the people who are entitled to this supplement pay the landlords this money monthly, money thats giving through the labour from our taxes.The highest amount been close to 1100 euro. These landlords have still not registered their property after been regularly asked, and the reason why they haven't done this is to avoid the tax they'd have to pay. Why these landlords are still been pay'd this money is just an abuse of the system. This goverment really has to take the finger out and stop all this white collar crime, cause I see no difference in the guy who defrauds the dole to this blatant abuse of the system. I'm sure there's geniune landlords who have registered who'd only love this extra buisness.
    YOU ALONE CAN DO IT, BUT YOU CAN'T DO IT ALONE

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rent allowance is a scam, just another way of siphoning the taxpayers money into the pockets of the connected and enforcing artificially-inflated prices by creating an artificial minimum for residential rents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its a scam allright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must have a problem with "Friends of FF"
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Politics.ie Member louis bernard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rent allowance is a jokeÖ.single mother one child refuses a local authority house because the private (3 bedroom) house she is in at the moment and receiving rent allowance for is in a much nicer area. Ok so she goes back to the end of the housing list, and thatís where she wants to be. This is a true case I am aware of, I am sure there are many,many more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tough Decisions............................still waiting

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Simple solution: all debtors (which is what someone who owes money on a property and is renting it out really is) must be registered with the government.

Where these debtors are in receipt of any government bailouts (rent allowance, have renaged on their contractual obligations to keep fully up to date with their debts etc) and have not got a perfectly clean, up to date and fully paid on all taxes etc, then its simple.

No more cry-baby capitalism, just seize the property(ies) and seize any private property, pension funds etc to make up for their failed gambling debts. Hand all these properties, that we the citizens are paying for btw, over to non-profit agencies that ensure we have housing for our citizens, and not take any more heed of these criminals robbing the state blind.

White collar crime is crime, don't let it pay, report any debtor you are aware of thats defrauding the state, make sure they are all registered and ask them up front "Have you paid all your taxes?".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post
    You must have a problem with "Friends of FF"
    No just have a problem watching people abuse the system as much as they want and still nothing gets done

Could never understand why social welfare recipents receive rent supplement for a house rather than for just a room.

Get rid of it.
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern manís existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by louis bernard View Post
    Rent allowance is a jokeÖ.single mother one child refuses a local authority house because the private (3 bedroom) house she is in at the moment and receiving rent allowance for is in a much nicer area. Ok so she goes back to the end of the housing list, and thatís where she wants to be. This is a true case I am aware of, I am sure there are many,many more.
    Thats entirely different point altogether, my problem is the way landlords in their thousands have still not registered their properties, and they shouldn't be allowed to have no money thats not been taxed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast