Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Further public sector cuts 'unavoidable'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Further public sector cuts 'unavoidable'

The Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform has said further significant cuts in expenditure and substantial reductions in numbers employed in the pubic service are unavoidable.

Brendan Howlin's comments follow the publication of the first review of the implementation of the Croke Park agreement.
    Further public sector cuts 'unavoidable' - RT News

The article does not delineate what cuts are to be made but it is not a good time for the public sector. How does the Croke Park agreement figure into this? That is not discussed either.
    Last edited by Ulster-Lad; 15th June 2011 at 01:03 PM.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sure this thread will develop into an insightful and original discourse...
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

How much exactly does it cost us for the public sector? I've heard figures being thrown about but not really sure.
    Last edited by Mossy Heneberry; 15th June 2011 at 01:31 PM.
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern man’s existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

From your RTE link (I put this in another thread but it fits better here):

The Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform has said substantial reductions in numbers employed in the pubic service are unavoidable.

The Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform has said further significant cuts in expenditure and substantial reductions in numbers employed in the pubic service are unavoidable.

Finally all this talk of haircuts makes sense

Gimpanzee

Sounds like he's planning on implementing the Brazilian model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the programme for Government 22000 jobs in the public sector are to go (when the Labour Party campaigned on a reduction of 18000 and FG on a reduction of 30000)

Is Howlin now committed to breaking this 22000 ceiling placed in the programme for Govt?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    From the programme for Government 22000 jobs in the public sector are to go (when the Labour Party campaigned on a reduction of 18000 and FG on a reduction of 30000)

Is Howlin now committed to breaking this 22000 ceiling placed in the programme for Govt?
    He will do as ordered by the IMF.
    People still do not understand the IMF modus operandi.
    They think that Ireland is special.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a waste of time having an election voting in this puppet goverment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How much exactly does it cost us for the public sector? I've heard figures being thrown about but not really sure.
    lots, all a complete waste of money.
    sack the lot of them and let them all reapply, loads out there who could do their jobs no bother.
    all overpaid with gold plated pensions.
    300,000+ with their 40+ annual leave, loads of sick leave, privilege days, race days, shopping days, travel days
    most do nothing
    leeches that drain the taxpayer
    union scum
    all services could be done much better by private sector

i think i covered everything there, forgive me if i left anything out

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    lots, all a complete waste of money.
    sack the lot of them and let them all reapply, loads out there who could do their jobs no bother.
    all overpaid with gold plated pensions.
    300,000+ with their 40+ annual leave, loads of sick leave, privilege days, race days, shopping days, travel days
    most do nothing
    leeches that drain the taxpayer
    union scum
    all services could be done much better by private sector

i think i covered everything there, forgive me if i left anything out
    oh public sector workers make my blood boil. i can not wait until they are all forced to take a 20% pay cut. completely over paid.

2 council engineers i know, one works on Monaghan County Council and other works for Armagh city Council. The one on monaghan is on a third more than the one in Armagh. they both do practically the same job. Armagh to Monaghan - 16 mile away.
    how is this fair? nothing can justify the public sector payment levels in the south. i dont want to hear about you public sector having already taking loads of cuts already.

Prepare for more cuts and make them much harder this time.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast