Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Lenihan Next Taoiseach?!

Default Brian Lenihan Next Taoiseach?!

Can someone please tell me what on earth Brian Lenihan is being backed for in the Next Taoiseach market.

Paddy's have cut his odds to 33's and there's no doubt there's a rumour in the camp. He's only a Junior Minister - surely he can't be Taoiseach???

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I said elsewhere, the Mahon Tribunal could have a large bearing on who leads FF into government (if they get the numbers).
    The sellout has begun

lenihan is a legend....

maybe not this time.... he should become minister for justice this time and then a shot at the big one...

He is certainly capable. When DW is a 4 seater he will have to bring in a running mate an maybe then his chances wud improve. I wouldnt rule him out in about 8-10 years after the next FG govt.
    Cavan Deserved Another TD!

120-1 Betfair tells u all u need to know..
    To bet, or not to bet? That is the question.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a chance he'd win the nomination of the party at this stage... Would be Cowen / Martin / Hannafin in my opinion.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually wouldn't mind him being Taoiseach, i must say (obviously I'd rather Rabbitte). Other than that I could tollorate Dempsey or Hannafin (although i'd rather not have her). I cannot stand Cowen and Martin and desperately hope they will never get the chance to lead this country

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Brian Lenihan Next Taoiseach?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie'sGirl
    Can someone please tell me what on earth Brian Lenihan is being backed for in the Next Taoiseach market.

Paddy's have cut his odds to 33's and there's no doubt there's a rumour in the camp. He's only a Junior Minister - surely he can't be Taoiseach???
    Well Enda seems to think he can be, so why not Lenihan.

He is a good guy - I like Lenihan - a touch of thr Jack Lynch about him - universally popular.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lenihan is more then capable of being the leading man, the only problem is, I dont think that he has had enough ministeral experience yet. He also has not been minister for finance if that is anything to go by. I can see him doing the job one day, just not yet. I think Cowan is the man, I know people that are so anti FF, you think that they would burn all FFer's, but these people would think and in some cases, would vote FF, if Cowan was in the chair. They hate Bertie almost as much as they hate CJH. They say Cowan is old school, that he is what FF needs to bring itself make some cred and respect. They could be right. Cowan should be next then at some point Brian, but not that weasel of a brother of his.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast