Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Business and Finance reporting that Declan Ganley setting up a new bank

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Business and Finance reporting that Declan Ganley setting up a new bank

Interesting story from Business and Finance that reports that Declan Ganley is in the process of setting up a bank with David McWilliams and Constantin Gurdgiev on the board, although McWilliams is publicly denying that he's involved with any bank.

Business and Finance reports that the bank will be a "conservative safe haven for European depositors in the midst of the ongoing financial crisis" which will deposit money in Triple A rated banks around Europe, making a commission for doing so.

The piece on the B&F site goes on to quote Declan Ganley from a press release....

Until the economic crisis is resolved, which require several years, we are advising our clients to be prudent, secure their assets, place their savings with sound institutions, and address the safety of their pensions by considering Switzerland as the best safe haven for declared assets in Europe.
    Ganley behind new bank - Business & Finance

Update at 17.16 - David McWilliam on Twitter is saying he's not on the board of any bank.

For the record, I am not a board member of any bank, whether in Switzerland or Ireland. But good luck to them, will happen sooner or later.
    And Declan Ganley has tweeted that he's been in touch with B&F asking them to take the article down. TheJournal had a piece up, but they indeed have pulled it.

Though a screenshot from Twitter shows he's one of the four followers of the St Columbanus account on twitter - so he almost certainly knew about it.

Something is amiss where McWilliams is concerned, he's listed on four cached pages of the St Columbanus AG website.

Old version of the St Columbanus account on twitter (Dated 11th March) shows it being followed by 3 people (St. Columbanus AG (StColumbanusAG) on Twitter) the three are Declan Ganley, Constantin Gurdgiev and someone called Jonathan Glicksberg who runs a marketing company called ICON Worldwide. According to their website they've done work for Goldman Sachs, The Financial Times, New York Stock Exchange, AMEX and some pretty big corporates.

Another Google search (screenshot below) reveals some of the text of the piece quoted in the B&F article on the stcag.com website. previously this domain was public it appears, but has since been taken down.

"Declan Ganley, chairman and co-founder of St. Columbanus AG, said the company is focused on the safety of client" this is some of the same text quoted in the Business and Finance article.

Something is definitely up where McWilliams is concerned, whatever was on that website previously, he's been mentioned a few times on the stcag.com website.

May 10th - so it's not a bank, Ganley and Gurdgiev setting up a "Swiss Asset Management Company" according to The Journal. No word on whether David McWilliams is involved.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is he up to? I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him.....and the name of this agency........St Columbanus!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope this press release wasnt on April 1

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What was that about Albania...
    Economic Left/Right: -2.88 (down 3.63 since the financial crash)
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forget about investing in Ireland and helping to rebuild our economy - get your money the f**k out of Dodge, lads.

How very patriotic of them...

Politics.ie Member Master Debater's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If this is true, to hell with the lot of them

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
    What is he up to? I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him.....and the name of this agency........St Columbanus!
    As opposed to Fitzy and St Bartholemew ? Much of a muchness isn't it.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

jeez look at this guy on his board Charles Guthrie, Baron Guthrie of Craigiebank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just another set of vultures
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

So its specifically for moving deposits out of Ireland, which will shrink the M2 money supply even further forcing the Irish Central Bank to print more money out of thin air (currently they have created nearly €100 Billion out of thin air) to support the balance sheets of the collapsing banks?

How about setting up a clean new bank where people's deposits STAYS in Ireland but is lent for sensible investment domestically?

Is McWilliams and Constantine seriously backing this?
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Caped Cod View Post
    As opposed to Fitzy and St Bartholemew ? Much of a muchness isn't it.
    They are all just a bunch of leeches. McWilliams, Gurgdiev.....the lot of them.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast