Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Enda going to resign next week ?

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Enda going to resign next week ?

I know I'll probably get jumped upon from an absolute height this week, but I was given a tip off earlier today, that an absolutely huge story was about to break, that could lead to Enda Kenny resigning even before the election.

The person who gave it to us wasn't SF, and was what we would consider to be a pretty good source.

He wouldn't tell us why, but said it was going to stop the Kenny campaign in its tracks.

I came on here to see if anyone had heard anything more and didn't find any thread, so I started this.

The only possible inkling from P.ie I got however, was a comment on the Red C poll thread, which said that the SBP were running a story relating to "Gardai are pursuing new leads into Tribunal links".

Now, I am not suggesting that this investigation is what the rumour refers to, but, if the Tribunal leaks do lead back to Kenny, along with a "smoking gun", could it be so bad as to actually force a resignation at this late stage.

I'll have to admit, that so far on the ground, FF seem to have run an absolutely terrible campaign, to the point that I have suggested a few times that they are actually trying to lose the election. But, if they have something really big on Enda, could that be the card they are playing to regain advantage at the death.

Keep your ears open for this one.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it happens it happens. If Enda has been a bold boy, which I cannot imagine he has been, then he will have to go. We actually believe in accountability in our party. That's what makes us better.
    The future saviour of the Irish Economy: Charles Darwin

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and FF give out to FG for dirty tricks

yeah, I heard this one too. FF dirty tricks in overdrive. The only person likely to be resigning next week will be the chap that has to admit to a USD$45,000 payment.

The ONLY reason the Bert statement is'nt coming out till next week is so he can give the London speech first. Then the ************************ can truely hit the fan. Although I understand the Sunday Times could be putting him out of his misery tomorrow.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well it seems something really big is on its way
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So we could have the spectactle of the two main Party leaders resigning in the same week?

Perhaps they could do a joint announcement on the Prime Time Special next Thursday night? :twisted:

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think there is something it as Mairead Mc Guinees is told to be ready to step in to be leader of FG
    BANNED FOR SPAMMING

Enda...Naughty..He's not smart enough..or has he tried to play with the big boys and got burnt....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fact that this is coming from RoC kills this story before it even begins to exist.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd be very disappointed if RoC was stirring the sh1t here with nothing to substantiate it. Risky given we all know who he is...
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast