0 Post(s)

Default Sunday Business Post Red C Poll 6/5/07

FF 37 +2
    FG 26 - 1
    Lab 12 +1
    PD 2
    Gr 8
    SF 8

As i have to return to the canvass I will leave it to other to interpret the results. Suffice to say that it confirms what I have been thinking for the last few days the election in the country is a lot different from the one in the media.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

46% for the opposition? Here comes the rainbow

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you sure these are the results? I recall around the time of the last Red C poll mistaken results were posted by a contributor to this forum, which prompted me to point that out?

If FF is indeed +2, that would suggest a mini-backlash to Bertiegate II. It would also show that the current govt can't yet be written off. Normally FF decline during a General Election campaign. If, as now, they are actually going up in the polls, then I think the established pre-conceptions about the fate of FF and FG in terms of polling-accuracy may have to be thrown out the window.

Eh....not so fast. FF-SF are 45%. And then there's the FF gene-pool Indos. It aint over till the fat lady sings.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've more fate in the Red C poll ... Think this is fair snapshot of the mood out there on the door
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    Are you sure these are the results? I recall around the time of the last Red C poll mistaken results were posted by a contributor to this forum, which prompted me to point that out?

If FF is indeed +2, that would suggest a mini-backlash to Bertiegate II. It would also show that the current govt can't yet be written off. Normally FF decline during a General Election campaign. If, as now, they are actually going up in the polls, then I think the established pre-conceptions about the fate of FF and FG in terms of polling-accuracy may have to be thrown out the window.
    Only in Ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only in FutureB*S's rather warped mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh....not so fast. FF-SF are 45%. And then there's the FF gene-pool Indos. It aint over till the fat lady sings.
    So you've given up on FF/PD's getting back into government then?
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

So you've given up on FF/PD's getting back into government then?
    Nope 21 days left. Even if this poll is 1% off, we could get 6 seats - remember the Greens in 2002?

Just hearing on Saturday View now that the PDs are likely to pull out of govt. So you never know we could end up part of a Rainbow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, your leader has ruled out doing business with anyone other than FF or FG...so no...it's FF or no one.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by livingstone
    Well, your leader has ruled out doing business with anyone other than FF or FG...so no...it's FF or no one.
    Looks like no-one, then.
    Hello election, goodbye PDs.
    Nill illigitimi carborundum - don't let the b*stards get you down.

Economic Left/Right: -4.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast