Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: FF "Recovery" Site: Commerical Rents Increasing is Good News!

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default FF "Recovery" Site: Commerical Rents Increasing is Good News!

    Dublin office rents may lift again in 2013 | Irish Recovery

    A great insight into the mind of a Fianna Fail hanger-on here; in an economy which everyone knows if being held back due to ludicrously high commerical rents, he hails rents going up as good news.

    P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33,473
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Is that 110,000 sq m quoted a net uptake? I've seen these types of figures bandied about before an always wondered whether is is net or gross i.e. is it new office space or does it include movers who leave behind vacant space after moving.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Wink Have Fianna Fáil been leasing more offices before they leave office?

    Have Fianna Fáil been leasing more offices before they leave office?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member il toro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    Dublin office rents may lift again in 2013 | Irish Recovery

    A great insight into the mind of a Fianna Fail hanger-on here; in an economy which everyone knows if being held back due to ludicrously high commerical rents, he hails rents going up as good news.

    P.
    So in your world property has no value? and investors are not allowed a return on their investment?

    This is good news in that office rentals are moving up therefore you would expect to see employment starting to move also , thats good news, maybe not in labour but in the real world it is.

    Is the economy being held back that much by high rents, not so sure, high labour costs and practices due to unions yes , rents not so sure , good deals are available out their now.

    You are evidently not in business otherwise you would not have made this a thread.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by il toro View Post
    So in your world property has no value? and investors are not allowed a return on their investment?
    No, but in my world, people put ludicrous words in my mouth in an effort to create strawmen.

    P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    as was said by someone in another thread, FF don't understand economy outside of property prices and FDI.

    "Economy is stabilising" can be translated as "property market has reached the bottom"

    "2.5% growth next year" can translated as "property prices will recover by blah de blah de blah"

    We can also translate "unemployment is stablising and will reduce further next year" as "thank god 60,000 fcked off elsewhere this year, let's hope for the same again in 2011"

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Kevin Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dublin South
    Posts
    11,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by il toro View Post
    This is good news in that office rentals are moving up therefore you would expect to see employment starting to move also , thats good news, maybe not in labour but in the real world it is.
    What real world is that then, the one populated by FF puppets? 10 out of 10 for the sheer brassneckedness of that comment though....you're a credit to the party.
    Voters don't decide issues, they decide who will decide issues.

    George Will

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by il toro View Post
    So in your world property has no value? and investors are not allowed a return on their investment?

    This is good news in that office rentals are moving up therefore you would expect to see employment starting to move also , thats good news, maybe not in labour but in the real world it is.

    Is the economy being held back that much by high rents, not so sure, high labour costs and practices due to unions yes , rents not so sure , good deals are available out their now.

    You are evidently not in business otherwise you would not have made this a thread.
    I like the bit about 'evidently you are not in business'.

    Lets ask 100 business men who rent whether they are in favour or against high rents, or increasing rents.

    Lets see who they agree with more - Il Toro, or Oceanclub.
    Anyone reckon they have an inkling as to which way the business community will fall on this one?

  9. #9

    Default

    Your man behind the Irish Recovery site comes across like a very well read economic scholar.....
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Toland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Posts
    63,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McTigs View Post
    as was said by someone in another thread, FF don't understand economy outside of property prices and FDI.

    "Economy is stabilising" can be translated as "property market has reached the bottom"

    "2.5% growth next year" can translated as "property prices will recover by blah de blah de blah"

    We can also translate "unemployment is stablising and will reduce further next year" as "thank god 60,000 fcked off elsewhere this year, let's hope for the same again in 2011"
    Nice analysis

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •