Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Kevin Myers: Why FF won't be imposing a new moral order on Irish life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Kevin Myers: Why FF won't be imposing a new moral order on Irish life

Sometimes Myers makes me laugh, sometimes I yawn but he does always seem to point out uncomfortable truths. Good piece from him in todays Independent

AIMO- Autonomous Irish Moral Order

But the primary proof of AIMO is the continued vitality of Fianna Fail through the decades, regardless. When in government, it unfailingly wrecks the State. Out of power, it always opposes -- recklessly and irresponsibly and cynically. Yet it is not an electoral pariah because of this conduct: and no matter what the opinion-polls say, believe me, it will do well in the next election. Why? Because Fianna Fail is the truest political expression of AIMO.

AIMO is what de Valera meant when he said that within his heart he could see the wishes of the Irish people. AIMO explains how Charles Haughey could have financed the formation of the Provisional IRA as Minister for Finance, and yet within a decade was Taoiseach. AIMO explains how the members of the banking inspectorate that have broken this Republic were then rewarded with early retirement, boosted pensions, and a huge, tax-free fare-thee-well. And AIMO explains why there was no political outcry about this, one of the greatest scandals in Irish history.
    Kevin Myers: Why FF won't be imposing a new moral order on Irish life - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    AIMO- Autonomous Irish Moral Order
    If you can get your head around the Trinity and express a belief in it, then it becomes possible to simultaneously hold two opinions, knowing them to be contradictory yet still believe in both. cf: doublethink.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Myers is good and expresses the views a lot of people habour, but may not have the courage to come out with.