Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is our president of this supposed republic at this time of crisis

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Where is our president of this supposed republic at this time of crisis

It's clear that all political parties are unable to continue to govern effectively on behalf of the electorate.

The president? Opening a pub in Mayo? Or perhaps meeting Mandela for a left-winger shindig in South Africa?

Who knows?

The dail needs to be dissolved, and the current government stopped before they do any more damage.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's she going to do? Give another speech about some mythical fairy celtic spirit which drives us all?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Probably off somewhere "building bridges". Not that it matters really -what can she do ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olamp View Post
    Probably off somewhere "building bridges". Not that it matters really -what can she do ?
    she takes the money anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here ya go - this is Pres. Motormouth's diary for this week.

Interesting to see that she's attending the Ireland V South Africa rugby match in the Aviva Stadium on the evening before it takes place - what a woman!
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are playing south africa this saturday in the rugby as far as I am aware.
    She will be out on the pitch shaking some hands.
    Very busy lady our Mary is.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Caught between her two best buddies I'd say, - Fianna Fail and Sinn Fein. It must grieve her to see such divergence between the two of them.
    Negative equity, unemployment, emigration, IMF, bankruptcy: brought to you by Fianna Fail - destroying millions of lives for 80 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post

We are playing south africa this saturday in the rugby as far as I am aware.
    That's what is written on my ticket - but her diary suggests that the game is on Friday evening. Perhaps I should give Deccie Kidney a call and let him know that her ladyship has switched the match to Friday evening.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    What's she going to do? Give another speech about some mythical fairy celtic spirit which drives us all?
    Thats about the extent of what she can do. The OP seems to assume the President has executive power she can wield at will. Seems to have confused Ireland with the US system of governance. No one cares where the President is, it is irrelivent, much as the office itself is politically.

But to be fair I was listening to David Norris on the radio a while back talking to Ivan Yates, and the senator seems to be labouring under the exact same impression, that as president he can in fact effect change. For the man on the street thats an easy mistake to make, but for a senator?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a depressing joke.

ON one side: president goes toa rugby match pre-event to shake hands
    At the same time: lenny the legendary lawyer gives away another 8 billion quid to a bunch of people we have never heard of

The entire political class in Ireland needs to be removed. The are so far out of sync with the current generation who they expect to pick up the tab. I wonder was it always like this and just the internet allows clarity and information which previous generations didn't have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast