Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Body found in 'Disappeared' Search

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Body found in 'Disappeared' Search

Body found in 'Disappeared' search

Archaeologists and other experts are carrying out an examination in the seaside village of Waterfoot in the Glens of Antrim for Peter Wilson (21).
    The unemployed Catholic man, who had learning disabilities, left his home in the Beechmount area of west Belfast in August 1973 and was never seen again.

A spokesman for the Independent Commission for the Location of Victims’ Remains said: “The ICLVR in its search for the body of Peter Wilson has found human remains at a site in Waterfoot in County Antrim.
    Hopefully another family will find some peace.

Politics.ie Member Northern Voice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope this provides some sort of comfort to the bereaved family.
    Ulster Abu!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as Tommie Gorman said on RTE, IRA are co operating, as they grow old and looking back on what they have done. a poor lad with learning difficulties, lets wait and see the usual suspects defend his slaughter and hiding his mortal remains..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    as Tommie Gorman said on RTE, IRA are co operating, as they grow old and looking back on what they have done. a poor lad with learning difficulties, lets wait and see the usual suspects defend his slaughter and hiding his mortal remains..
    One thing though - as the article points out, this is the first body found in NI and in a populated area. It may be that the assumption that the bodies would have been hidden in remote rural areas has misled the searchers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully his family will be able to get some sort of peace from this.

Thinking of the terror this young, limited, man must have experienced before he was murdered is something that makes me feel sad and a little sick in the stomach

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I shake my head when I see posters on this site put the PIRA on a pedestal, describe their members as 'soldiers', their actions as 'legitimate' and try to portray them as some kind of heroes.

This brutal murder and secret burial of this young, disabled, catholic man shows what these monsters were truly capable of.

It's no wonder hundreds of them are alcoholics and they seem to be committing suicide by the dozen. If they have any kind of conscience they shouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really hope that the family can now get some peace.

however the search for those unfortunates that were murdered and their bodies hid

is an extremely costly affair,

how come sinn fein arent paying both Governments for the search,

after all it was their hench men that carried out these despicable murders

and sinn fein benefitted most from the ira's activities.

Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee McKeown View Post
    I shake my head when I see posters on this site put the PIRA on a pedestal, describe their members as 'soldiers', their actions as 'legitimate' and try to portray them as some kind of heroes.

This brutal murder and secret burial of this young, disabled, catholic man shows what these monsters were truly capable of.

It's no wonder hundreds of them are alcoholics and they seem to be committing suicide by the dozen. If they have any kind of conscience they shouldn't be able to sleep at night.
    Im sure his family will be delighted at pathetic loyalist trolls trying to score political points at such inopportune times.

I hope this discovery brings some solace to the family.
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.a. baracus View Post
    Im sure his family will be delighted at pathetic loyalist trolls trying to score political points at such inopportune times.

I hope this discovery brings some solace to the family.
    Is there a more opportune time to discuss the IRA murders of disabled catholics than when one of the bodies has just been found?

Surely now is the perfect time to discuss why the IRA needed to murder and secretly bury disabled catholics.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good news for the family who will now be able to have a decent christian burial for their loved one.
    Never too much to ask by anyones book.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast