Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael O'Leary, Yes to Lisbon/Europe will create jobs

Default Michael O'Leary, Yes to Lisbon/Europe will create jobs

Someone was suggesting Michael O'Leary NEVER said anything about creating jobs if we voted yes to Lisbon 2.
    Well he said vote yes to Europe as Europe delivers jobs. Take out of that what you will. But I think you'd have to be really splitting hairs to say that he never indirectly said a yes vote would deliver employment.

Developers and banks should take the pain: O'Leary - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

"But we still think you should vote Yes for Europe simply for the reason that Europe delivers jobs"

The above quote is in the last paragraph.
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The person started a thread calling MOL a "liar" because they claimed MOL said Ryanair would create jobs if Lisbon was passed. When repeatedly asked to back up the remarks with proof and citation, it couldn't be done.

That was the tenet of the previous thread anyways.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand the point though.

Are Irish people incapable of thinking for themselves? It sure seems that way.

"we invested in AIB because they were blue chip and we were told they would never go down"

"i bought a house because the banks threw money at me"

FFS.

Is there accountability in this country at any level? (bearing in mind we know there's none at political level)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    The person started a thread calling MOL a "liar" because they claimed MOL said Ryanair would create jobs if Lisbon was passed. When repeatedly asked to back up the remarks with proof and citation, it couldn't be done.

That was the tenet of the previous thread anyways.
    And the action taken was absolutely correct - so hopefully similar action will be taken on the NAMA results thread where is has been stated that Lenihan is a liar in the matter of the recently published results!!

If the government say it is a good idea, then it is a good idea for them and their mates/golden circles but a bad idea for the citizens of Ireland.
    It's quite simple really.
    Eircom shares.
    AIB shares.
    Property Market, buy now or commit suicide.
    Nama.
    Bank Bailout.
    PPars.
    Croke Park Agreement.
    Evoting machines
    Government Jets
    etc
    etc
    'We've turned a corner' (Yes, onto the road to ruin!)

(BTW please add to the above list, I am hoping we can get it over two pages long before tomorrow. Should be easy! Please start a new thread if necessary!
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    And the action taken was absolutely correct - so hopefully similar action will be taken on the NAMA results thread where is has been stated that Lenihan is a liar in the matter of the recently published results!!
    Report it and I'll take a look - otherwise let's stay on topic, thnx.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thing is David, that Sailor is one of the biggest thread de-railers / trolls in these here parts.

I usually ignore him & just throw him the odd reply when I'm feeling charitable

And I have just given him his charity reply for the day, above.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Done - thanks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    Thing is David, that Sailor is one of the biggest thread de-railers / trolls in these here parts.

I usually ignore him & just throw him the odd reply when I'm feeling charitable
    I will refrain from defending myself as I don´t wish to be associated with Williewatch´s thread de-railment endeavours!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast