Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Ex-Irish Nationwide boss Fingleton ordered to repay €13.6m Ulster Bank loan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ex-Irish Nationwide boss Fingleton ordered to repay €13.6m Ulster Bank loan

Former Irish Nationwide chief executive Michael Fingleton has been ordered by the commercial court to pay a €13.6m property loan owed to Ulster Bank.

The bank also brought a case against two Monaghan property developers and Fianna Fáil Senator Francis O’Brien, from Castleblayney.

Ulster Bank advanced the money to the four men in July 2006 to buy a 50-acre site at Swellan Upper and Lower, Farnham Road, Cavan.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly ordered Michael Fingleton to hand over the sum. He also handed down €12m judgements against Senator O’Brien and Monaghan developers Noel Mulligan from Moyles, Castleshane, and Charles McGuinness of Tully House.

Read more: Ex-Irish Nationwide boss Fingleton ordered to repay

I couldn't find a thread on this seems Marys mishap is the main item on P.ie.

All i can say is how do you like them apples fingers.

A little bit more of my faith in this country is restored.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Land prices should be regulated by law.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Former Irish Nationwide chief executive Michael Fingleton has been ordered by the commercial court to pay a €13.6m property loan owed to Ulster Bank.

The bank also brought a case against two Monaghan property developers and Fianna Fáil Senator Francis O’Brien, from Castleblayney.

Ulster Bank advanced the money to the four men in July 2006 to buy a 50-acre site at Swellan Upper and Lower, Farnham Road, Cavan.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly ordered Michael Fingleton to hand over the sum. He also handed down €12m judgements against Senator O’Brien and Monaghan developers Noel Mulligan from Moyles, Castleshane, and Charles McGuinness of Tully House.
    FF, banks and developers........ i dont believe it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    One of the many things we are learning from this debachle Cruimh.
    This will be a great little country one day Cruimh it's a pity neither
    of us will live to see it.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He'd some neck too.. in his submission outlining his assets to the court, he FORGOT to tell the court that he had a 27 million euro pension

Into the Joy he should be put if you ask me
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    He'd some neck too.. in his submission outlining his assets to the court, he FORGOT to tell the court that he had a 27 million euro pension

Into the Joy he should be put if you ask me
    Thats stock and trade defence, remember all those 'gentlemen' who conviniently forgot vital information at the right time.

The galling thing is that that is an exceptable defense, it's actually ridiculous. Not to mention if you tried tell that to the judge if you were up for no T.V License.

Toughki shiztki as Ivan might say.

To think fingers and co pay large legal fees and the best advice they get is to tell the court you 'forgot'.

They aren't even laughing at us anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Even if he does pay it all back he will still be left quite comfortable. Furthermore none of this will go back to the state in order to help pay for the mess he had a hand in creating.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no they shoud not ya commie.The biggest thugs in the celtic tiger was the government the ECB and the banksters.If we could get rid of these three parasites we would be sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    A champion of the people emerges with the age-old and appealing promise of "something for nothing" - to be financed through every-increasing taxes. Supply and demand are thrown out of gear - the overhead goes up; the effective use of human energy goes down; the standard of living is lowered because money cannot buy wealth that is not produced.

WEAVER, HENRY GRADY,