Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy Bucks -worst RTE effort ever ?

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hardy Bucks -worst RTE effort ever ?

Ok Im watching this thing and can never get this time wasted in my life back . Thres bad , theres really bad , theres the Big Bow Wow and then theres Hardy Bucks .
    Comedy is supposed to be amusing , funny . Even the most feeble shows can usully make me at least do a half grin at least once , but not this one . It has been met in Chez Merle with stony silence the entire way through .

It just isnt remotely funny , not in the slghtest, yet a lot of money has been spent on this dung in the middle of a mega recession . Whoever commissioned this utter ************************e should be sacked . Whoever his boss is that let him commssion it and put this dung onto the screen should be sacked .

Jesus christ that show is so bad , so pathetic , so dire I cant honestly believe it . It is without doubt the biggest load of ************************e I have ever seen on RTE and thats saying something . Im actually quite surprised that its so unflinchingly and remorselessly bad , its that bad .

SeamusNapoleon

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    Ok Im watching this thing and can never get this ime wasted in my life back . Thres bad , theres really bad , theres te Big Bow Wow and then theres Hardy Bucks .
    Comedy is supposed to be amusing , funny . Even the most feeble shows can usully make me at least do a half grin at least once , but not this one . It has been met Chez Merle with stony silence the entire way through .

It just isnt remotely funny , not in the slghtest yet a lot of money has been spent on this dung in the middle of a recession . Whoever commisioned this utter ************************e should be sacked . Whoever his boss is that let him commssion it and this dung onto the screen should be sacked .

Jesus christ that show is so bad , so pathetic , so dire I cant honestly believe it . It is without doubt the biggest load of ************************e I have ever seen on RTE and thats saying something . Im actually quite surprised that its so unflinchingly and remorselessly bad , its that bad .
    Ouch.

I remember around April 2009 I was seeing this girl and herself and her friends kept making these little references and sayings. At the time I thought it was a load of injokes, but then she showed me Hardy Bucks on Youtube.

Over the course of the summer I showed a few friends and these little homemade episodes on youtube were genuinely funny. And highly quotable like nothing since Father Ted in my opinion. I really believe it showed something of the Irish town life that city people will never truly understand.

And I don't really watch tv, so I can't comment on the Trailer Park Boys comparisons.

I was over the moon when I heard it was to be made into a proper show on RTÉ (naively?). And I just finished watching that episode just now - only saw the first episode as well.

I don't post on Boards.ie, but I followed a huge thread the other week about the Hardy Bucks on RTÉ. Most people had never seen the youtube episodes and were complaining about the show. I totally agree with them.

It sucks to say it, but the shows on tv are really quite bad.
    If I was to introduce someone to Hardy Bucks nowadays, I would make no mention of the tv episodes as it would most certainly turn them off it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unbelievable how truly bad this is, tbh I would get depressed even trying to put words on how bad it is

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeamusNapoleon View Post
    Ouch.

I remember around April 2009 I was seeing this girl and herself and her friends kept making these little references and sayings. At the time I thought it was a load of injokes, but then she showed me Hardy Bucks on Youtube.

Over the course of the summer I showed a few friends and these little homemade episodes on youtube were genuinely funny. And highly quotable like nothing since Father Ted in my opinion. I really believe it showed something of the Irish town life that city people will never truly understand.

And I don't really watch tv, so I can't comment on the Trailer Park Boys comparisons.

I was over the moon when I heard it was to be made into a proper show on RTÉ (naively?). And I just finished watching that episode just now - only saw the first episode as well.

I don't post on Boards.ie, but I followed a huge thread the other week about the Hardy Bucks on RTÉ. Most people had never seen the youtube episodes and were complaining about the show. I totally agree with them.

It sucks to say it, but the shows on tv are really quite bad.
    If I was to introduce someone to Hardy Bucks nowadays, I would make no mention of the tv episodes as it would most certainly turn them off it.
    Giv's a link to the good ones then. They seem to be aiming at something original -the types who are perpetually found in the small towns of Ireland- which puts them slightly above Mr. Muck Savage's rubbish, in my estimation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One thing i will say that the posters prior may not know is that the lads were held back big time by RTE saying you can't do this/that and the other etc...the lads were so sick of this from RTE that were going to pull out of making it,now when you speak of the Youtube ones being great and not the TV ones please bear that in mind.
    Find a Job you love,and you will never work a day in your life

SeamusNapoleon

Quote Originally Posted by splashy View Post
    Giv's a link to the good ones then. They seem to be aiming at something original -the types who are perpetually found in the small towns of Ireland- which puts them slightly above Mr. Muck Savage's rubbish, in my estimation.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7kdRYUg30&feature=related]YouTube - Hardy Bucks Ep3 Part 1[/ame]

This one is just after the initial introductory episodes.
    The characters are a little different as well - and the objective was always to get to Galway rather than Ibiza.

I think they don't try and act in it, they're just themselves, which works.

And the golf-club owner, priceless.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I live in a small town. Saw some of this show tonight for the first time. Complete waste of space and money,

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justme1 View Post
    One thing i will say that the posters prior may not know is that the lads were held back big time by RTE saying you can't do this/that and the other etc...the lads were so sick of this from RTE that were going to pull out of making it,now when you speak of the Youtube ones being great and not the TV ones please bear that in mind.

but even just in their little exchanges with each other it just wasnt funny . It came across as really pretentious , boys that think theyre clever and original but arent .It seemed pretentious and forced . That couldnt have been RTEs fault , that goes much deeper .
    I also turned off that interview with OConnor the other night for the same reason , although i thought maybe it was just OConnors unfunniness oozing around the studio and infecting people .

Politics.ie Member Goldencircle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wait a minute, did the clocks go back to 2008 ?
    Its either Corruption or Stupidity

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    Ok Im watching this thing and can never get this time wasted in my life back . Thres bad , theres really bad , theres the Big Bow Wow and then theres Hardy Bucks .
    Comedy is supposed to be amusing , funny . Even the most feeble shows can usully make me at least do a half grin at least once , but not this one . It has been met in Chez Merle with stony silence the entire way through .

It just isnt remotely funny , not in the slghtest, yet a lot of money has been spent on this dung in the middle of a mega recession . Whoever commissioned this utter ************************e should be sacked . Whoever his boss is that let him commssion it and put this dung onto the screen should be sacked .

This show has been on youtube for ages aswell. Lazy RTE.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast