Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: Should Eirigi Councillor Louise Minihan resign for pelting Mary Harney with paint?

Voters
375. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes

152 40.53%
  • No

223 59.47%
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord Mayor calls on Eirigi Cllr Louise Minihan to resign for attack on Mary Harney

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lord Mayor calls on Eirigi Cllr Louise Minihan to resign for attack on Mary Harney

The Lord Mayor of Dublin Cllr Gerry Breen (FG) has said moments ago on Matt Cooper's Last Word that Eirigí Councillor Louise Minihan should resign from the council as a result of her actions earlier today when she pelted Health Minister Mary Harney with paint.

Cllr Breen said the council would be looking into taking disciplinary procedures against Cllr Minihan as a result of her actions at a function in which she was present in an official capacity as a member of the council. In the meantime, he said that Cllr Minihan should consider resigning from her democratically elected position.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe she should but a lot of others who were present at events in an official capacity should also consider their position Biffo, PJ Sheehan for example.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite right too.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite right, but she is never going to.

I've no great problem with the public throwing paint over politicians or smacking them with custard pies. Obviously if you do that sort of thing you also have to accept you are going to be charged with an offence and will face any consequences arising. You shouldn't complain when you face those consequences either. They are the natural consequence of one committing a crime.

However, a different standard must apply to those who actually hold a position of leadership in public life. People will now drag up all sorts of examples of other political failures, who still hold office, who did plenty worse. And yup, I agree with you, those geezers should exit stage left as well.

More to the point she should resign for making an absolute show of herself on the radio all afternoon.
    Last edited by johnfás; 1st November 2010 at 07:00 PM.

Minihan showed her class. Wins an election on a SF banner, then screws them over almost immediately (at least Burke had a reason be feel aggrieved) and then this? No respect for her office.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely resign , no excuses, she is an elected member not part of a mindless gang... oh sorry she is.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Number One (out of the blocks) is Gerry Breen
    And Number Two (with spluttering outrage) is Gerry Breen
    Nunber Three (announcing the result of a disciplinary process before it is held) is Gerry Breen
    Number Four (not calling for the resignation of FG Dublin councillors who evade tax) is Gerry Breen

We all dream of a team of Gerry Breens, team of Gerry Breens, team of Gerry Breens...

Unless we're in Young Fine Gael in which case he's not in our good books: Speech to Young Fine Gael, Mansion House, Friday 10th September 2010 « Cllr Gerry Breen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    The Lord Mayor of Dublin Cllr Gerry Breen (FG) has said moments ago on Matt Cooper's Last Word that Eirigí Councillor Louise Minihan
    Good to see Mr Breen confirming that FF and FG are as thick as thieves in all of this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally think she was representing her mandate very well with that action and shouldn't resign...
    The one thing I know is I can't know anything else...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Libero View Post
    Number One (out of the blocks) is Gerry Breen
    And Number Two (with spluttering outrage) is Gerry Breen
    Nunber Three (announcing the result of a disciplinary process before it is held) is Gerry Breen
    Number Four (not calling for the resignation of FG Dublin councillors who evade tax) is Gerry Breen

We all dream of a team of Gerry Breens, team of Gerry Breens, team of Gerry Breens...

Unless we're in Young Fine Gael in which case he's not in our good books: Speech to Young Fine Gael, Mansion House, Friday 10th September 2010 « Cllr Gerry Breen
    Your a bollaux- I was halfway through reading your post before I copped
    the song.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast