Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Inquiry call over former bankers’ rental deal

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default it is just never ending

Inquiry call over former bankers
    scandal after scandal anyone of which would force resignations in a normal democratic country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Inquiry call over former bankers’ rental deal

Despite massive drops in rent values, the Government signed up to a 24% rent increase earlier this year for buildings in Galway.

The beneficiaries of the deal are former AIB manager John Hughes and former Anglo director John Browne, trading under the name Ballybrit Partnership.

The rent contract for one of the Galway offices has been described as the highest paid outside of Dublin by a state body – and has been compared to prices being paid in the capital’s O’Connell Street.

The pair of ex-bankers are being paid over €2m a year in rent including €922,250 for Department of Agriculture offices and €1.2m for office space for the Revenue Commissioners.

The lease will last until 2023.
    Ludicrous deal done by the OPW on this. Good to see Ulick Burke getting stuck into this, but really all he can highlight is the stupidity in the original deal signed as opposed to this raise.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gweedore View Post
    Inquiry call over former bankers
    scandal after scandal anyone of which would force resignations in a normal democratic country
    My very own thoughts. The Sicilain Mafia would run the country more honestly than the maFFia. And then to think that the great Irish electorate have been voting consistently for these scumbags since the era of Haughey, Doherty, Burke, Flynn etc in the early 80's.........Why didn't I settle down in Holland instead of returning here I weep

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just one of the many poor deals done by our pro-business regime theres so many of them now its hard to know where to start, when you look at all the money these people waste its no wonder we have to have such massive hackbacks to keep them in clover.