Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: latest jnlr figures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default latest jnlr figures

Finucane and O'Callaghan buck trend with huge gains in radio listenership - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 29, 2010

for some reason, the listenership of marian finucane's rubbish show has risen by 23,000.

lots of middling losses for other big names. a significant gain for george lee and a large decline for ray d'arcy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Devastating figures for Tubridy, and the next set will probably not make for pleasent reading.

One of the biggest losers is The Tubridy Show which shed 21,000 listeners. The programme was hosted by Ryan Tubridy until last June. Television personalities Kathryn Thomas and Gavin Duffy hosted the show during the summer months. The 9am to 10am slot has recently been taken over by former The Business presenter John Murray, but the listenership figures do not cover his tenure.

The Gerry Ryan Show had been the only 2FM programme in the top 10. Subsequently presented by Colm Hayes and Lucy Kennedy, who took over the slot on May 10th last, it is in 11th position with a loss of 24,000 listeners. Ryan Tubridy recently took over the slot, but this would not be reflected in the most recent figures.
    So the logic that he was going to bring over enough listeners to offset the loss of existing Ryan listeners takes a hit. 24000 would be about an 8% drop on his previous figures IIRC. Combine that with the Ryan show already losing numbers prior to his arrival and it's not rosy.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People seem to shifting to music stations, away from talk radio is my reading of these figures.

I'm flabbergasted with Funicane's figures - it still does not justify her exaggerated wages.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's no competition. Dunphy doesn't present his show half the time.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marian was off for most of the summer so I don't think she should be taking too much of the credit.

Most of the sunday show is taken up with discussing what's on the papers she even reads the headlines on Saturday.

Do they pay RTE for this advertising or does RTE pay them for this cheap form of radio?

I find it strange that it's 'normal' to discuss what other forms of media are running as stories and regurgitate it.
    Why not discuss what 'The Last Word' or another radio program's headlining story?
    Surely the same logic should apply especially when the papers are yesterdays news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    There's no competition. Dunphy doesn't present his show half the time.
    literally half the time. the show has been on air for 24 weekends and dunphy has been there for 12 of them.

he's apparently in his french chateau writing his memoirs.