Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fianna Fail not yet buried at the crossroads

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fianna Fail not yet buried at the crossroads

Looking at RTE news last night I see FF can still pack a few hundred into a hotel room in Ennis, to announce further bad news via Mr. O Cuiv, and to be addressed by media created wonder boy, Mr. Bean- Dara Calleary. Some of the punters can still go on air to defend them. While I suppose many of them were local cllrs at this regional event,and probably had jobs and perks from the party paid for by public funds, one still has to have a certain admiration for their neck and courage given what they have done to our country and sold out on us all. Lesser beings would be hiding in the cupboards daring only to come out in the dead of night,dreading the clove of garlic or the stake through the heart.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Looking at RTE news last night I see FF can still pack a few hundred into a hotel room in Ennis, to announce further bad news via Mr. O Cuiv, and to be addressed by media created wonder boy, Mr. Bean- Dara Calleary. Some of the punters can still go on air to defend them. While I suppose many of them were local cllrs and probably had jobs and perks from the party paid for by public funds, one still has to have a certain admiration for their neck and courage given what they have done to our country and sold out on us all. Lesser beings would be hiding in the cupboards daring only to come out in the dead of night,dreading the clove of garlic or the stake through the heart.
    Actually, what struck me was the number of empty seats, and people spread out to fill up rows. FF in the past would have been standing room only, not empty seats.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More speeches like Doherty's may build up a momentum and it could be open season on FF from close quarters. And the next election could be endgame for the Soldiers of Corruption.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Actually, what struck me was the number of empty seats, and people spread out to fill up rows. FF in the past would have been standing room only, not empty seats.

I know there were some empty seats, but the fact that they can muster a somewhat respectable sort of crowd still is worrying. They have not gone away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Neither of the two Brian's were there. A similar conference from FG and Labour would only have half the attendance.
    I was at the Dublin Conference in June and it was standing room only. Cowen spoke for 30 to 45 minutes without notes with fact after fact and no waffle. Lenihan also spoke showing his usual brilliance. ABFF simple cannot get the message, FF are leading a government facing a severe recession nationally and internationally and its head down time and getting on with the severe corrections to be made to the economy. Can only say to the ABFF, make sure you carry a towel throughout the election campaign to wipe the sweat of your brows when faced with the FF onslought on your weak policies and usual fear laden desire for government

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    Neither of the two Brian's were there. A similar conference from FG and Labour would only have half the attendance.
    I was at the Dublin Conference in June and it was standing room only. Cowen spoke for 30 to 45 minutes without notes with fact after fact and no waffle. Lenihan also spoke showing his usual brilliance. ABFF simple cannot get the message, FF are leading a government facing a severe recession nationally and internationally and its head down time and getting on with the severe corrections to be made to the economy. Can only say to the ABFF, make sure you carry a towel throughout the election campaign to wipe the sweat of your brows when faced with the FF onslought on your weak policies and usual fear laden desire for government
    There are none so blind...

If FF are 'buried at the crossroads' we might see more people living up to Dev's idea of Ireland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love Comical oggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be fair FF are the government. You would expect it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cowen spoke for 30 to 45 minutes without notes with fact after fact and no waffle.
    "Going Forward.
    Turning the Corner.
    We are where we are.
    Lehman's fault."

There must have been a lot of padding to get that to stretch to 30 to 45 minutes. Did you have a little doze in the middle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Love Comical oggy
    Forget about FF for 5 minutes and tell us how Labour are going to turn this country into paradise. Will you have it done before Labour's 100 Anniversary because bejapers you need something to celebrate your miserable history !

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast